Shop in Store - Self Check Out via MyDisneyExperience

ImperfectPixie

In theory, it's saving a little time per customer because that CM isn't ringing up each item at a register and then waiting for the customer to get their card or cash out, and then waiting for the card reader to approve the charge if using a card, and then bagging the items. It's probably not too much time per customer but it could potentially add up over the course of a day. In my case, I'm pretty sure I negated any time savings by struggling to get the hanger off the t-shirt my wife bought (because for some reason women's shirts need plastic straps on the inside?). I did enjoy not having to stand in line with 20 other groups who gave up on respecting personal space about a year ago, though.
Depending on the cut of the neck, those plastic straps are sometimes the only way a shirt won't slide right off a hanger.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wonder if they’ll eventually (quietly) move to random item checks? I routinely use a similar service at Sam’s Club, and the exit door greeter scans 3-4 items, regularly high priced or high demand items (TP a while back) and your digital receipt. I’m sure they still lose profit to shoplifting, but those losses are offset by far less staff in the store than there used to be (and built to to pricing to be sure).

That (random item check) is what I hope happens, plus maybe a visual inspection to make sure what's in your bag isn't (well) beyond what your receipt shows. If you have a receipt with 4 items, but there are obviously more than 4 items in your bag, give them a chance to rectify their mistake or else call security.

Chip Chipperson

Depending on the cut of the neck, those plastic straps are sometimes the only way a shirt won't slide right off a hanger.

Well, they certainly did their job! After about a minute of fumbling with it and realizing that the straps were getting more and more tangled around the hook of the hanger, I just gave up and handed it to the CM with a sheepish, "I'm sorry." It took her all of 3 seconds to separate them and hand me the shirt. It certainly wasn't my finest moment. LOL

SteveAZee

What ever happened to using RFID tags in products (or product tags) to allow you to just walk past a sensor and have it do the checking out for you? I guess there are too many ways to cheat that system.

CntrlFlPete

I feel we saved time when using the APP as we did not have to wait in line to get to the register. When leaving the store, I guess it takes a little less time than it does at the register as they do not have to ring everything up -- a lot of things have security devices that need to be removed/disabled which would make spot checking the items sort of impractical as opposed to matching each item on the receipt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom