What's your longest stay at WDW resorts?

LovePop

I am curious as to how many days people stay at WDW resorts in one trip, and what the highest number is. Here are the rules:

1. You can count split stays, like moving from All Stars to Pop to Contemp during the stay.
2. You can count days where you don't go to the parks, or even go to Universal, as long as you are staying at a Disney hotel.
3. You can count Swan and Dolphin and all DVC properties or Disney campsites. Four Seasons or Golden Oaks doesn't count.
4. If you move to Universal hotel or Four seasons or other offsite hotels during part of the stay, you need to subtract the number of nights from the total, but make a note in the end, such as: Five nights at GF, plus 4 nights at Universal.
5. If you go once a month and stay for say, 2 nights, you cannot add the 2 nights stays together. It has to be one trip. I want to know the longest people stay in one trip.
6. Doesn't matter when the trip is, maybe 20 years ago when you were a baby, maybe yesterday, as long as it's your longest stay. A future trip is counted if you are sure you are going and have a hotel reservation, not just one you are thinking about.

For me, my last trip was 23 nights, the longest I've ever stayed, mostly at Pop. What's your highest number? Please post below. I want to know if my stay is long and therefore impressive, or if 23 nights is nothing. (I wouldn't normally think of this, but covid has turned me desperate and I am looking for any way to amuse myself.)

JIMINYCR

Most was 14 days. Shortest was 10 days. I am always jealous hearing about trips others can take that extend to 3 weeks or more. Once we can retire I'm eager to plan that first expansive trip.

Upvote 0

belledream

13 nights, 14 days. A childhood trip. We started out at Wilderness Lodge with just my immediate family. Then we met up with my grandparents and cousins at Caribbean Beach. One of the best trips ever!

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Longest trip was 2004 when we stayed at the Contemporary Resort for 9 nights. We were supposed to leave after 8 nights but then Hurricane Francis hit and when we saw the traffic leaving Florida we were able to extend another night.

Upvote 0

Disney Experience

I used to, decades ago, take my nieces and nephews (usually one each year) to WDW , staying at a Deluxe hotel. I purposely spoiled them (My sisters would have to deal with them once I returned them. But they all behaved very well, though when I took three nieces all on one trip(thinking I was being efficient), the drama between my nieces that happened a few times surprised me[Yep, I have no kids]).

I purchased annual passes, treated them to Victoria and Alberts (Much cheaper back then), and a 10-14 day stay at the hotel. Stopped doing that long ago due to cost. But those are treasured memories, both for me and them. In those years that was my annual vacation, but the joy achieved was worth using my vacation time back then for that.

The first time I took one of my nieces I had a color coded excel spreadsheet down to 1/2 hour increments for the whole two weeks(pool time during the hottest hours [usually 3pm]). But we used that plan as a guide, not as something we had to adhere to.

I long ago bought DVC and go regularly [Sold 360 points long ago before buying home]. I sometime calculate how long could I stay if I used the maximum points. But to date I have not exceeded my pre-dvc length of stays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RememberWhen

As a kid we drove from NH every summer for two weeks. We stayed at Fort Wilderness and had APs. It was HOT. Often our cousins would drive down too and stay in a nearby loop (they had an RV. We used a pop up camper). Since adulthood I think the longest has been 10 days. I think 14+ is ideal since it makes things more relaxed. Plenty of time to hit each park multiple times. Plenty of time to relax at the resort. Week-long trips always feel short and rushed.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

As a kid we drove from NH every summer for two weeks. We stayed at Fort Wilderness and had APs. It was HOT. Often our cousins would drive down too and stay in a nearby loop (they had an RV. We used a pop up camper). Since adulthood I think the longest has been 10 days. I think 14+ is ideal since it makes things more relaxed. Plenty of time to hit each park multiple times. Plenty of time to relax at the resort. Week-long trips always feel short and rushed.
Our 14 day trips were perfect for the reason you list. Ability to go to each park multiple times, no real feel to rush, relaxing moments in there as well. Our 10 day trips, we left feeling we cheated ourselves, never felt like we did enough. Those extra four days really make a difference.

Upvote 0

Disney Experience

Our 14 day trips were perfect for the reason you list. Ability to go to each park multiple times, no real feel to rush, relaxing moments in there as well. Our 10 day trips, we left feeling we cheated ourselves, never felt like we did enough. Those extra four days really make a difference.
I remember buying one of the park guides long ago before fastpass was around. I had gone to Disney alot, but was about to take my first niece and wanted to make sure I did not miss something I never knew. In the end there was not anything important I had missed. I planed long trips so nothing would be rushed [That trip was 14 days].

But I loved one of the chapters in the guide: The first words were...We do not recommend this but here it is....Dumbo do or die...How to do Magic kingdom in one day. [Pre-fast pass]. I never tried that. Disney is very expensive to go to, especially with a large family, one day may be some can do, but back then it would be a stressful "vacation", not something one should do if one can avoid it.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

10 days was our longest trip. We usually did a day at Universal to break it up a bit.
Now, with the price increases everywhere at WDW,we have cut back to 7 or 8 days. Costs the same as the 10 day trips:(

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Our longest on property stay is 9 nights this past September / October.

Our longest Disney trip was 10 nights but that included 1 night pre-cruise, 7 nights on the Fantasy and then 2 nights post cruise at POFQ.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

10 days for our 30th wedding anniversary at Bay Lake. Was nice to boat, hit the pool, etc.
Things I feel like with our current 6-7 day trips don't happen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom