News TUMI permanently closes at Disney Springs

Benjamin_Nicholas

I never did understand Neiman Marcus in Orlando only accepted AMEX or cash. It could have changed by now.

Because they had a long-standing deal with Amex. Or you could have a NM charge card. Or write a check.

Vegas was the only location for years that took Visa and MC. It's since changed companywide (about 7 years now).

Communicora

Premium Member
Because they had a long-standing deal with Amex. Or you could have a NM charge card. Or write a check.

Vegas was the only location for years that took Visa and MC. It's since changed companywide (about 7 years now).
They also used to take Visa and MC at their now closed Minneapolis store. It will be interesting to see how they evolve now that they are out of bankruptcy.

It's a shame to hear of stores like Tumi closing at Disney Springs. I hope something interesting takes over the space eventually.

Benjamin_Nicholas

It's a shame to hear of stores like Tumi closing at Disney Springs. I hope something interesting takes over the space eventually.

Disney experimented with higher-end retail and it's failing at Disney Springs.

Their target market wants company trinkets and fast-food. That's not a bad thing, but it's a truth they're now seeing and will make changes accordingly.

Let Mall at Millenia handle the luxury goods customers.

JoeCamel

Disney experimented with higher-end retail and it's failing at Disney Springs.

Their target market wants company trinkets and fast-food. That's not a bad thing, but it's a truth they're now seeing and will make changes accordingly.

Let Mall at Millenia handle the luxury goods customers.
Problem is Disney still wants the high end rent. Those places can't pay the rent and the high end stores don't get enough traffic to support their model. Sounds like DS is doomed - again

Benjamin_Nicholas

Problem is Disney still wants the high end rent. Those places can't pay the rent and the high end stores don't get enough traffic to support their model. Sounds like DS is doomed - again

That's not a problem. Disney can ultimately just fill empty spaces with their own concoctions. Company-brand merch that will sell like hotcakes to the mouse-loving masses.

Disney Springs has far too much money in it now to let Disney give up on it. They will make it work, by hook or by crook.

JoeCamel

That's not a problem. Disney can ultimately just fill empty spaces with their own concoctions. Company-brand merch that will sell like hotcakes to the mouse-loving masses.

Disney Springs has far too much money in it now to let Disney give up on it. They will make it work, by hook or by crook.
Or rebuild it into something else again.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
When convention/conference business went away so did a lot of the customer base for that location. Twenty plus years ago, after dinner and drinks at Disney Springs a TUMI purchase might have seemed like a good idea when I was on the road a lot.

_caleb

Downtown Disney at least felt like you were still in the "Disney Bubble" Disney Springs is just another high dollar outdoor mall like you can find in any major city. It looks nice but it has 0% charm.
I agree that Downtown Disney felt more like being in the bubble, but I really like Disney Springs. Mostly because when I’m there, I’m at WDW and on vacation. It feels like, well, a shopping mall, but maybe pretty good one.

In some ways, it’s like Disney doesn’t have confidence itsel—as though a more “Disney” feel wasn’t “upscale” enough for the shopping/entertainment district?

Benjamin_Nicholas

Downtown Disney at least felt like you were still in the "Disney Bubble" Disney Springs is just another high dollar outdoor mall like you can find in any major city. It looks nice but it has 0% charm.

See, and I don't think DS is high-end or all that high-dollar. It's no Bal Harbour Shops.

They had a few spots where you could drop some coin, but clearly that didn't work because they're closing some of those.

Disney will figure it out. The great thing about Disney folk is that they give the company instant, constant feedback about things that happen on property. Disney doesn't need to worry much about focus grouping I'd imagine.

Lilofan

Good idea! They should built something like Citywalk with some nighttime entertainment, bars, maybe a comedy place but with a Disney level of theming. Can't think of what to call it but it would be a pleasurable break from the parks and kids.
Pleasurable break from the kids? RIP Pleasure Island.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom