News Friendship Boats Beginning Service Soon from Epcot Resorts?

Chomama

On the boat topic - I know monorail is down at Poly. Are the boats running to MK? Or do you have to walk to ttc? Thx!!

LastoneOn

Asking questions and calling someone out because they posted but weren’t staying there:
well if you read through it and drop your outrage, you'll see that he expressed what I saw as an opinion that the guests were being denied something they had paid for. I sought to find out if he was there and what the guest were told. He ignored all that. Finally it turns out the guests WERE told the boats weren't running as they made reservations, but some might have rebooked previous not knowing that.

All in all I think those of us directly involved are satisfied. I chuckle at it.

its not like I called for him to lose his job or be drummed out of public life....

Get over it.

nickys

Premium Member
On the boat topic - I know monorail is down at Poly. Are the boats running to MK? Or do you have to walk to ttc? Thx!!

The TTC monorail station is closer than the resort station from at least one of the DVC long houses, not a lot further from the others. So it’s an easy walk if you want to use the monorail.

Those who have booked have received an email saying the boat will start running when the monorail station closes (currently due 2nd Nov afaik).

Chomama

The TTC monorail station is closer than the resort station from at least one of the DVC long houses, not a lot further from the others. So it’s an easy walk if you want to use the monorail.

Those who have booked have received an email saying the boat will start running when the monorail station closes (currently due 2nd Nov afaik).
Thank you. Looking to avoid the long morning lines at the ttc :). Appreciate the info!

willidc

What in the name of Walt are you even saying!?

When did I say I was there? Why do you keep quoting me on this subject. The boats are back. It’s good news. I personally think the boats should have been brought back earlier, but better late than never.

If you think the boats shouldn’t be running, that’s fine too.

My guess is, Disney wanted them back ASAP but they had bigger fish to fry.
What we have is a bunch of people complaining about the boats not running who weren't even staying at those resorts. They have no idea what the guests were told when the reservations were made.

too much conspiracy and back biting for me. ha!

i know all about budgets, I was just trying to generalize. A dollar saved now is going to be spent somewhere sometime else. I know its a long walk. I've walked it, ran it, hobbled along there a bit cussing at the slow pokes who were passing me (a fellow slow poke).

I think the whole point is, if the guests weren't told the boats were off, that's not good.
As far as what resort guests were told, with us it was absolutely nothing. We had our reservations at Boardwalk for 11 months. We are DVC at Boardwalk for many years and Passholders for just as long. They had ample opportunity to contact us.

In years past we would get a letter (USPS) informing us of small inconveniences like a quiet pool closed, some minor maintenance, etc. with a rather unneeded apology. Arriving with no boats was a surprise. The weather since 10/19 has been grueling with near record high temps and feels like temps well into 90s for our entire stay. While walking to Epcot in that weather is doable, it is far from enjoyable. The walk to Studios was uncomfortable enough with the added masks that we canceled all of our remaining Studios park reservations.

We are in good shape for our 70s, but certainly should have been told that there were no boats. Had we been told, we would have planned differently.

I should have looked on this board. But why should I have to?

LastoneOn

As far as what resort guests were told, with us it was absolutely nothing. We had our reservations at Boardwalk for 11 months. We are DVC at Boardwalk for many years and Passholders for just as long. They had ample opportunity to contact us.

In years past we would get a letter (USPS) informing us of small inconveniences like a quiet pool closed, some minor maintenance, etc. with a rather unneeded apology. Arriving with no boats was a surprise. The weather since 10/19 has been grueling with near record high temps and feels like temps well into 90s for our entire stay. While walking to Epcot in that weather is doable, it is far from enjoyable. The walk to Studios was uncomfortable enough with the added masks that we canceled all of our remaining Studios park reservations.

We are in good shape for our 70s, but certainly should have been told that there were no boats. Had we been told, we would have planned differently.

I should have looked on this board. But why should I have to?
Totally agree. Especially your last line. You shouldn't have to look to third parties.

nickys

Premium Member
Totally agree. Especially your last line. You shouldn't have to look to third parties.

True.

However that information was on the WDW website, which the DVC site had a link to from the home page. Every DVC resort had a page showing everything that was available, including transportation, restaurants, shops etc.

LastoneOn

True.

However that information was on the WDW website, which the DVC site had a link to from the home page. Every DVC resort had a page showing everything that was available, including transportation, restaurants, shops etc.
But you know with all this email, notification, app, technology why can't a company just communicate directly to the people who've made the reservations?

nickys

Premium Member
But you know with all this email, notification, app, technology why can't a company just communicate directly to the people who've made the reservations?
Fair enough in normal times.

However things have been changing so much since re-opening, if they’d sent an email listing everything that’s on the website (park reservations, park hours, ADR procedures, mobile ordering, Covid screening etc), any info would have been lost. There are several different pages on the website relating to all the changes.

A phased re-opening is always going to be a problem. If they sent an email every time something changed, people would be getting them almost every day.

DisneyTransport

Fair enough in normal times.

However things have been changing so much since re-opening, if they’d sent an email listing everything that’s on the website (park reservations, park hours, ADR procedures, mobile ordering, Covid screening etc), any info would have been lost. There are several different pages on the website relating to all the changes.

A phased re-opening is always going to be a problem. If they sent an email every time something changed, people would be getting them almost every day.
I agree. there is a lot of information that needs to be handed out, but since there's so much, most of it is likely to get lost/not read. heck, when I was trying to make a reservation for the first time, all I got was information about COVID measures (which is really the most important thing, I guess?)

LastoneOn

Ah, ok so Disney's lack of effort is GOOD in this case. got it.

Edited to ad: And since this isn't Normal Times, doesn't that make it even MORE imperative that Disney work HARDER keeping its limited guests up to speed?? And if they can publish all this stuff on their various web sites, can't they just send an email???

Can't all those imported low paid IT workers set up and manage an email listserve? America IT workers can.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom