News VISIT FLORIDA Research report highlights dramatic reduction in visitors to Florida

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would assume that was the case pre covid too.
Not as many at home then.

You can believe that travel has resumed to Florida...I’m not there.
Some might live in Florida now. My FIL is one of them. Lots of NY/NJ transplants down there. Lots of Yankees gear. Nobody likes the poor Mets ;)
Well yeah...the whole point of Florida was to get the eastern seaboard and rust belt down there tax free...to keep the olive gardens and Denny’s afloat 😉

Lilofan

Some might live in Florida now. My FIL is one of them. Lots of NY/NJ transplants down there. Lots of Yankees gear. Nobody likes the poor Mets ;)
The Mets don't even get enough love at Port St Lucie. There is really not much to do there except to see the Mets in the spring. Visit Florida during August and Sept is a big gamble. It's the peak of hurricane season. Sixteen years ago this week Hurricane Charley destroyed parts of Orlando and Kissimmee with a Cat 3 Hurricane.

Last edited:

Miss Bella

Not as many at home then.

You can believe that travel has resumed to Florida...I’m not there.

Well yeah...the whole point of Florida was to get the eastern seaboard and rust belt down there tax free...to keep the olive gardens and Denny’s afloat 😉
Oh I don’t believe that travel has resumed to Florida but this is the slow season anyway.. We’ll see what happens this winter when people need a break from the cold.

gljvd

The mask situation in Disney is much different than the mask situation anywhere else in public, even in Orange County where there's a mandate. Many, many counties in Florida don't even have an order.

I have family in and around Orlando it seems to be as good as it is in Jersey if not better.

Castmbr

----Present day trajectory ---------
Orange county - "Hey, y'all need to accept these draconian restrictions to do business...it's the new normal"
Disney, Sea World, Uni - "OK, thanks for letting us open daddy"

---- 1 year in the future ----- after arrivals are still 70% below normal levels
Orange county - "OMG! tax revenue has fallen off a cliff!! We need to raise sales taxes on people that still come and property taxes for people that live here to fill the hole. We will not cut pay or employees that work for the county so it will be OK. "
Disney, Sea World, Uni - "thanks again for letting us open daddy. We are going to cut park staff and hours, might close a park or 2 but it'll be fine. Our executives are taken care of....."

----2 years into the future ------ people have moved on to other spots since Orlando is no fun anymore
Orange county - "Beatings will continue until tax revenue rises. Have a nice day"
Disney, Sea World, Uni - "It'll be fine , we love that you are telling us what to do so we can blame someone else for our revenue problems"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom