News Disney confirms multiple EPCOT projects are paused

lazyboy97o

This rumor breaks my heart. Apparently the Bob’s haven’t done enough damage to a once-great theme park.

“Epcot to be renamed “Epcot Springs” for its 40th anniversary. Bars to be added to all buildings, pavilions, food & merchandise locations, and outdoor walkways.”
But it’s got such a great backstory! Misophonia Epcot, exalted member of SEA, discovered the springs and the magical worlds of this more timeless, more family friendly place.

M:SpilotISTC12

This rumor breaks my heart. Apparently the Bob’s haven’t done enough damage to a once-great theme park.

“Epcot to be renamed “Epcot Springs” for its 40th anniversary. Bars to be added to all buildings, pavilions, food & merchandise locations, and outdoor walkways.”
Wait is this real or a crappy April fools joke? Its sad that we can't even tell because most of their decisions lately have been in the April fools style but are no joke.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, first I was joking. Second, it is located between Land and Sea, perhaps not on the pad referenced. It is basically an open air pavilion. :p

If it were truly between The Land and The Living Seas. Which it's not, because they demolished Communicore West to make way (partially) for this and this doesn't touch any of the land between the two pavilions. And JoW is not a pavilion, it's a walk-through attraction.

DCLcruiser

If it were truly between The Land and The Living Seas. Which it's not, because they demolished Communicore West to make way (partially) for this and this doesn't touch any of the land between the two pavilions. And JoW is not a pavilion, it's a walk-through attraction.
Correct it is not a building. But, without being too literal, Moana is technically between the two pavilions and you can walk through it to access Land and Seas.

I get it you want a building in the forest area sandwiched between Seas and Land.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 4.47.28 PM.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
One last bit of Epcot news courtesy of copious amounts of pineapple sake:

Epcot renovation plans to change. New bar to be built in place of demolished Innoventions building. Play Pavilion to house massive bar and M&G areas. Test Track to receive Tron overlay plus a huge bar in post-show area. The Imagination pavilion will remain untouched for at least 5 more years.

TikibirdLand

One last bit of Epcot news courtesy of copious amounts of pineapple sake:

Epcot renovation plans to change. New bar to be built in place of demolished Innoventions building. Play Pavilion to house massive bar and M&G areas. Test Track to receive Tron overlay plus a huge bar in post-show area. The Imagination pavilion will remain untouched for at least 5 more years.
I'm so glad April 1st is over...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If it isn't a pavilion, how come it has a pavilion icon? Checkmate. ;)

(Seriously though, are they still considered pavilion icons, which would make Moana a pavilion, or are they just attraction icons? What's the requirement for something to get an icon?)
Not to mention that all of World Showcase is just one icon. The entirety of Epcot is an icon. Odyssey, which is just a flex space is an icon. And the supposedly cancelled World Celebration Festival Center is an icon.

Trying to figure out what qualifies for an Epcot icon is like trying to figure out what makes one a Disney Princess based on the membership of each group.

The answer is: Marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom