Disney Springs testing new no-stop security scanner for new entry screening when the parks reopen

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Starting today, guests will find a much smoother and safer process at the main entrance bag check for EPCOT. Previously only found at the International Gateway entrance to EPCOT, the Artificial Intelligence EVOLV scanners have finally been installed at the main entrance. Security Cast Members asked us not to take a photo of the EPCOT scanners, but here’s an older photo that we were given permission to take of the identical scanners at Disney’s Animal Kingdom."

GimpYancIent

Exactly. It's not like thoudands and thousands of guests are not going to be taking pictures of it anyway.
True thousands of guests taking pictures end up with the security system in the background or taking a picture of the entrance in general will, of course, have the security system in them. That is just coincidental. I am curious why someone would want to take a picture of the security system setup specifically? Why would a supposedly innocent guest interested in a magical day at a Disney property be focused on the security set up at a gate? It is prudent for CM's to ask guests to not photograph the security system set up. To the CM's I say Good Job!

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Why would anyone want to take pictures of the security scanners specifically?

So where I work we have a lot of training on security and issues. While yes being asked not to take the photo my seem silly to you because you have no bad intent and to you its just a photo. However there are people in this world who would love to grab the information and find a way to beat the system. Either to do harm or to sell the information for profit to someone who will.

Marc Davis Fan

...but are they going to actually implement these at Disney Springs?

Since they're so fast, it shouldn't cause any crowd-flow problems, so I don't see any downside.

Speaking of security, DL seems to use sniffing dogs nearly all the time now. They could expand that program more in WDW as well.

TrainsOfDisney

That’s common for any security screening operation. Start taking pictures in a TSA screening area and see what happens.
I have no desire to do so but it is not prohibited by tsa.

peter11435

I have no desire to do so but it is not prohibited by tsa.

Yes. Now start taking pictures of the screening process and their equipment and see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom