Former VP Details Original Star Wars Land Plans

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are you suggesting there is a chance Animation Courtyard could become Monsters Inc or Pixar themed? Any chance this would result in an added path between animation and RnRc courtyard? Please, oh please...

he's referring to the original concepts they had when they built the area... and since have departed from
He is not.

The Animation area could receive a retheme. There could be a connection from the area to the Coaster courtyard area. Both have been mooted.

But in the current climate it’s a definite could as opposed to might.

Czar63

That makes a lot of sense. Why wouldn't they divide it into 3 sections for the prequels, the original trilogy, then the sequel trilogy. Then everyone is happy.
The prequel was horrible. Darth Vader was a wining sniveling brat and Jar Jar Binks? The original trilogy and the sequel, in that order, were the best. Galaxy Edge should have been based on the original three. It is loved by all.

No Name

I don’t think we need “rides” necessarily, but “attractions” which are the real draw.

For example, The American Adventure is probably a top-5 experience for me at WDW even though I’m stationary the whole time.

I agree rides are great when they don’t ruin the theming and sight lines, but they too often do.

That’s wonderful, although the American Adventure doesn’t get great ratings.
unless they're done incorrectly (like GotG at Epcot).

And Tron at MK of course.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
He is not.

The Animation area could receive a retheme. There could be a connection from the area to the Coaster courtyard area. Both have been mooted.

But in the current climate it’s a definite could as opposed to might.

I would say it's now on indefinite hold. Previously it was seen as a crowd control initiative for the expected incoming crowds for SWGE. There had also been some early stage planning into developing areas near the Fantasmic area. Both were designed to increase capacity at the park.

Imagineer45

based on?
I do not know if "great ratings" were the proper words to use, as I would have gone with large crowds. I always go to the American Adventure and love the show, but part of what makes it neat is the ability to get away from the masses. I have watched the show with only a handful of other people before. Having places like this are part of what makes Epcot great, but the 30k+ people there daily still need attractions to go to.

The Grand Inquisitor

The prequel was horrible. Darth Vader was a wining sniveling brat and Jar Jar Binks? The original trilogy and the sequel, in that order, were the best. Galaxy Edge should have been based on the original three. It is loved by all.
I see your point on Jar Jar and young Anakin. I agree the land should have been based on the original trilogy. Every fan loves those ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom