Matsuriza and British Revolution last performance at EPCOT on Sunday

donsullivan

Premium Member
World Showcase restaurants as well.

What about retail? Are they CM’s or 3rd party?

It varies by area but many retail shops throughout WDW are managed and operated by 3rd party companies. A good way to know (not 100% but close) if it's operated by Disney or third party is the payment terminal used for non MagicBand transactions. If it's the same reader as a MagicBand it's likely operated by Disney. If however they use a separate terminal for non-cash/non-MagicBand transactions it's likely a 3rd party partner. For example if you purchase something in the Mitsukoshi shop in Japan and use a credit card they'll pull out a separate card reader because the shop is operated by Mitsukoshi, not Disney.

TrainsOfDisney

It varies by area but many retail shops throughout WDW are managed and operated by 3rd party companies. A good way to know (not 100% but close) if it's operated by Disney or third party is the payment terminal used for non MagicBand transactions. If it's the same reader as a MagicBand it's likely operated by Disney. If however they use a separate terminal for non-cash/non-MagicBand transactions it's likely a 3rd party partner. For example if you purchase something in the Mitsukoshi shop in Japan and use a credit card they'll pull out a separate card reader because the shop is operated by Mitsukoshi, not Disney.

Oh yes I remember that now! I frequently buy a bottled green tea in Japan and the little street vendor cart has a very different credit card terminal.

dreamfinder

They work outside of Disney so I'm assuming contract. I've seen them at festivals.

Matsuriza actually has another (sister?) troupe that does alot of the festivals. You can see Matsuriza's page here -> http://www.matsuriza.us/home.html that links to the other group here -> https://www.orlandotaikodojo.com

I guess there will still be paid working cast on site to take care of things like that and the Living Seas etc? Animal Kingdom also I didnt even think about all of that. Sea World is doing the same surely.

All full time cast is still being paid, and I believe @wdwmagic said it was essentially going to be the same as hurricane mode. IE CMs still around to care for animals, staff on hand to cycle rides, keep things from falling into disrepair, etc.

Lilofan

If the parks and resorts closure is longer than two weeks and if Disney stops paying the cast, technically cast can apply and collect unemployment.

TrainsOfDisney

As far as Sergio and the Japanese Drummers, go...don't hate me, but I'm glad to see them go. Sergio has been doing the *exact* *same* *show* for more than a decade. It's a cute show, but it was time for something new many years ago.

As for the drummers, I never enjoyed the show. It just sounded like people randomly banging on drums to me. No melody, no catchy beat. I'm sure some liked it, and if you did, then that's fine...I don't want to yuck on your yum...but I wasn't a fan. Like Sergio, they have been doing this same show for many years and it is time for something new.

I get what you are saying but I’ll make a few points -

#1 I was never a fan of Off Kilter. But I knew that the reason they were let go wasn’t good. They let go long time cast members and replaced them with short term 3rd party groups. That’s not the quality that I expect and desire from Disney. The circus group they brought in was wonderful. But it still represented Disney lowering their previous high standards.

#2 Both Sergio and The Drummers were culturally correct.

#3 have you seen the flag twirlers and Ziti Sisters? Oddly enough the ziti sisters were Disney equity and the show was terrible. I stopped to watch cause I recognized some super talented comedy warehouse cast and the show was still painful.

Sergio is a wonderful performer, if Disney wanted him to update his show, I’m sure he has other things can do. (I know for a fact he’s a unicyclist!). I would think asking an existing, entertaining act to update the show is a better idea than getting something “fresh and new.”

Look at the quality of the German bands they have brought in.... some are ok... some are not. Is that the quality we want from Disney?

Did anyone see the “reindeer round up” band during the Christmas parties.... compare them to banjo brothers and bob.

And now... in the words of the recently laid off drummer... “I’ve spoken for too long, I must get back to selling my dolls”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is true, but have you ever had to apply for unemployment? It is not a pleasant experience and even if you can do it on-line now,
I would not wish it on anyone.
I agree...but we’re going there. It’s going to happen.

We are about 72 hours into the scare - for all intents and purposes. Right now, business are mostly saying the right thing. But it won’t last.

I have been in touch with friends and co-workers who already have been or know people canned as of yesterday/today.

I’m talking bankers, engineers, architects, financial planners. The ugly underside of this is already starting to move.

Lilofan

I agree...but we’re going there. It’s going to happen.

We are about 72 hours into the scare - for all intents and purposes. Right now, business are mostly saying the right thing. But it won’t last.

I have been in touch with friends and co-workers who already have been or know people canned as of yesterday/today.

I’m talking bankers, engineers, architects, financial planners. The ugly underside of this is already starting to move.
Marriott Hotels Corp nationwide are putting on furlough, thousands of staff from housekeepers to general managers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Marriott Hotels Corp nationwide are putting on furlough, thousands of staff from housekeepers to general managers.
Of course they are...dog eat dog world and we’re all wearing milkbone underwear.

So if a GM makes say - $1,500 a week...and they cut him/her...now their income goes to unemployment? $600?

What does that do to everything they support?

Money never “trickled down”...but the lack of it resonates outward like a shockwave.

Ok...off economics now 🤪

jt04

Of course they are...dog eat dog world and we’re all wearing milkbone underwear.

So if a GM makes say - $1,500 a week...and they cut him/her...now their income goes to unemployment? $600?

What does that do to everything they support?

Money never “trickled down”...but the lack of it resonates outward like a shockwave.

Ok...off economics now 🤪

As if nationalizing the economy would improve things. Not. But 'here is a thousand dollars to show we come in peace'. Not.

Sick.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As if nationalizing the economy would improve things. Not. But 'here is a thousand dollars to show we come in peace'. Not.

Sick.
Nobody said that...

I’m not suggesting political or economic theory...I’m using a practical small example to illustrate what WAS hypothetical days ago and now is very real.

jt04

Nobody said that...

I’m not suggesting political or economic theory...I’m using a practical small example to illustrate what WAS hypothetical days ago and now is very real.

I do think you may not see the unintended consequences due to your dislike of corps. Sometimes justified. But we are on a very slippery slope here. Don't add grease.

TrainsOfDisney

One thing I thought of, when things open up again maybe Sergio could end up at the boardwalk.

Likewise if Epcot really stays closed longer than other parks perhaps Voices could perform in Liberty Square alternating shows with hall of presidents (that’s how voices performed in California).

The chair stacking chefs certainly could create a show for one of the other parks.

All wishful thinking on my part not based in reality I know.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One thing I thought of, when things open up again maybe Sergio could end up at the boardwalk.

Likewise if Epcot really stays closed longer than other parks perhaps Voices could perform in Liberty Square alternating shows with hall of presidents (that’s how voices performed in California).

The chair stacking chefs certainly could create a show for one of the other parks.

All wishful thinking on my part not based in reality I know.

Yep...keep the faith! 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom