Best night for MNSSHP

kimberlymautz

Now that the dates for MNSSHP have been released I see that there are SIX potential party nights for us.

I was thinking that Tuesday night would probably be the best night to go, but I wanted advice because Sunday will be my son's birthday so I thought that it might be a fun way to celebrate - but not if it's going to be super crowded.

My assumption would be that Thursday, Friday, and Sunday nights would probably be more crowded because of people making weekend trips, but I wanted to hear what you all think!

Our last trip for MNSSHP was great until we planned too much that day and the kids (my daughter and niece) were ready to crash by 9:30pm. This time I have a better plan in place, but I want to make sure we get the most out of our evening.

yensid67

MNSSHP Question...
Where is a list of what Attractions are open those nights!? Or what ride rides are usually open?
Trying to figure if doing our MK day during the party would be best!?

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
That is correct, Tuesdays are usually less crowded and it usually gets more crowded closer to October although almost every party is very crowded it seems.

We did a Thursday night party before and that was pretty crowded, but not overwhelming. I'm hoping Tuesday night will be a little better, I think that's what I'm going to go with!

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

MNSSHP Question...
Where is a list of what Attractions are open those nights!? Or what ride rides are usually open?
Trying to figure if doing our MK day during the party would be best!?
It is easy to find a map of a previous year's party and look at the attractions but for the most part i'm pretty sure most attractions are open. Some smaller ones like Tiki Room and Philharmagic are closed because they get converted into treat trails. Some rides like Space Mountain and Pirates have special Halloween overlays. Space is pitch black and Pirates gets live actors.

I personally love the halloween party exclusive entertainment so I find it hard to fit parade, fireworks, characters and treat trails on top of attractions, esp now that parties are pretty crowded so i'd recommend another MK day for rides. But if you don't care about the halloween specific entertainment than you could focus on only rides.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Are FP's needed or offered on Party nights?

Fast Passes can't be used nor scheduled during the party hours (7-12) but from my understanding your party ticket allows you to make fast pass selections from 4-7 since you get into the park starting at 4 but the party doesn't start until 7. ETA: It is actually from 4-6 since the park closes for regular guests at 6 and then the party starts officially at 7.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnD

Fast Passes can't be used nor scheduled during the party hours (7-12) but from my understanding your party ticket allows you to make fast pass selections from 4-7 since you get into the park starting at 4 but the party doesn't start until 7.

Actually, you can only get two FPs from 4pm as the park now closes at 6pm although the party starts at 7.

Upvote 0
It depends on what month you are going. If I recall last year random days were sold out and we were fortunate enough to to attend back to back sold out parties the first weekend of October. The Thursday night party was ridiculous and the Friday party was not bad at all even through it was sold out. All that being said, it depends if the party pass is offered again this year as that seemed to add more sell out dates and random days, not just weekends.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Is there any place online to see when last years night sold out? I would like to make a plan to see if the Party would be something we could do. We are not going until September 2022 but would like to know when the date sold out on what date! Trying to figure out how far in advance/when we should have to make reservations for the party.

EDIT UPDATE: Looks as though going in the first week of September we would be safe with NO SELL OUT DATES until we make out plans earlier in the year. With reservation opening up around March 1st, its safe to say that our date will be open! Yay!
Thanks for everyone's advice and input

Question...So what crowds are bigger, Regular Park Day or A MNSSHP?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a thread somewhere on the Forum about last years parties. I‘m fairly new to the Forum so hopefully someone more experienced can find that thread. We have been attending the parties for 6 years and last year was the first time our dates were sold out. Historically it was mainly the Halloween night party that sold out. I for one hope last year was a fluke and not a new trend.

Upvote 0

yensid67

There is a thread somewhere on the Forum about last years parties. I‘m fairly new to the Forum so hopefully someone more experienced can find that thread. We have been attending the parties for 6 years and last year was the first time our dates were sold out. Historically it was mainly the Halloween night party that sold out. I for one hope last year was a fluke and not a new trend.
Here is a guide to last years MNSSHP...
https://.com/disney-world-parks/magic-kingdom/special-events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Upvote 0

Touchdown

With regards to Fastpass, yes they end at 6. However, you can still get three (I try for 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:00.) Just know that if you do that you will have to quickly move to that ride once you enter.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Another Question...So what crowds are bigger, Regular Park Day or A MNSSHP? Would you go to MK during the DAY or wait and go during the party?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom