News Walt Disney Co. forms strategic alliance with Impossible Foods to make the Impossible Burger the Preferred Plant-Based Burger of Walt Disney World

kbass24emtp

Glad to see them give more options but I’m not a huge fan of the impossible burger. As someone who unfortunately is allergic to red meat I have eaten the Impossible Whopper and it’s okay but sorry it does not even taste close to the original. I did have a vegan burger at the ESPN pavilion for the Run Disney expo and that was really good. I’m really surprised Disney doesn’t offer black bean burgers. Those are really good.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Last year, a major study showed this burger is actually worse for your health than standard beef. I think the NY Times published it. The bottom line was that unless you‘re on a strict diet, the Impossible Burger is full of so much sodium and man-made chemicals that it’s not particularly healthy.

I know of no studies that say that, nor can I find a NYT article about such a study.

There is a NYT article about the issue of heme: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/business/impossible-burger-food-meat.html?searchResultPosition=4

cf....

tirian

I know of no studies that say that, nor can I find a NYT article about such a study.

There is a NYT article about the issue of heme: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/business/impossible-burger-food-meat.html?searchResultPosition=4

cf....

cf....

Quick disclaimer: I have no personal stake in this whatsoever. I follow the Mediterranean diet and don’t eat much red meat anyway. I was just being part of the conversation.

NY Times recapping the controversy and pointing out all “research” comes from special-interest groups on one side or the other (it ends with a quote from Impossible Burger):

CNET (CBS News) article about the fact that plant-based burgers aren’t much healthier than real meat:

But if you really like them, eat them.

dreamfinder

I enjoy impossible burgers however I think the Gardein products offer a better variety. As far as I'm aware impossible only makes the equivalent of a ground beef patty. Gardein offers fish filets, chicken strips, meat balls etc that seem like it would work a lot better throughout the parks.

And Gardein was one of the companies they had been using previously. The items that I mentioned Biergarten was serving were the Gardein Fishless Fish Filets and Beefless Beef Tips.

If it is the preferred plant based burger, are there other plant based burgers offered?

There had been several varieties of veggie burgers used at various times. This is probably going to be a matter of semantics now, where they can offer other products from other companies, but the only thing they will call burgers will be Impossible. No idea if that means they will offer "veggie patties" instead as those technically wouldn't be a burger, but that is a question for the lawyers.

I’m really surprised Disney doesn’t offer black bean burgers. Those are really good.

They offered them in the past. See picture of the menu board from Liberty Inn here on this DFB article -> https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/01/13/review-new-steak-dinner-and-more-at-liberty-inn-in-epcot/ Liberty Inn also had some sort of Chick'n breast at one point, but I remember being disappointed with that as they had a few other good alternatives elsewhere at the time and I was excited to see something other than another grilled veggie sandwich.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Glad to see them give more options but I’m not a huge fan of the impossible burger. As someone who unfortunately is allergic to red meat I have eaten the Impossible Whopper and it’s okay but sorry it does not even taste close to the original. I did have a vegan burger at the ESPN pavilion for the Run Disney expo and that was really good. I’m really surprised Disney doesn’t offer black bean burgers. Those are really good.
Disney used to have one that was pretty good, so good even my pack of carnivores would eat them

disneygeek90

And Gardein was one of the companies they had been using previously. The items that I mentioned Biergarten was serving were the Gardein Fishless Fish Filets and Beefless Beef Tips.

There had been several varieties of veggie burgers used at various times. This is probably going to be a matter of semantics now, where they can offer other products from other companies, but the only thing they will call burgers will be Impossible. No idea if that means they will offer "veggie patties" instead as those technically wouldn't be a burger, but that is a question for the lawyers.

They offered them in the past. See picture of the menu board from Liberty Inn here on this DFB article -> https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/01/13/review-new-steak-dinner-and-more-at-liberty-inn-in-epcot/ Liberty Inn also had some sort of Chick'n breast at one point, but I remember being disappointed with that as they had a few other good alternatives elsewhere at the time and I was excited to see something other than another grilled veggie sandwich.
Does this mean impossible is the only plant based option available or will they still carry other brands?

Kingoglow

I stopped going to Burger King for fear that they would switch my regular whopper for the impossible whopper; like in their commercials. Now I wont go back. Probably for the best.

NelleBelle

For what it’s worth—I think the impossible whopper tastes disgusting as well and prefer their plain ol’ “veggie” whopper with cheese (whopper without the meat patty) that I’ve been getting there for at least the past 35 years. Now, I will say that when an impossible burger is cooked to order, apparently like a real burger (this per DH, who used to be a carnivore), it tastes great!

We’ve tried Beyond Meat at home and it’s, meh...we like a product called Lightlife Burgers a ton better!!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I stopped going to Burger King for fear that they would switch my regular whopper for the impossible whopper; like in their commercials. Now I wont go back. Probably for the best.

So you were afraid they were gonna swap out food because a staged commercial did so?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom