News Walt Disney Co. forms strategic alliance with Impossible Foods to make the Impossible Burger the Preferred Plant-Based Burger of Walt Disney World

JoeCamel

Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, 2% or less of: Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

Contains: Soy
I just checked and this is the updated ingredient list. They've eliminated the gluten/wheat that was the biggie they got rid of. Still soy and yes coconut allergies are a thing. Many more with soy than coconut but more than you would think.
And the chicken tenders at WDW are all chicken? I'm not sure but I would bet they have soy as well.

gmajew

Premium Member
This company has blown up with how fast it has grown and how many segments it is now entering.... It has quickly become the only name player in the segment so as much as I dont like any of these products this brand name has weight and is the only one restaurants are using.

JoeCamel

I enjoy impossible burgers however I think the Gardein products offer a better variety. As far as I'm aware impossible only makes the equivalent of a ground beef patty. Gardein offers fish filets, chicken strips, meat balls etc that seem like it would work a lot better throughout the parks.
Impossible has said they are building other foods and certainly has the capital to do it if it can be done.

tirian

Edited with better info:

Last year, a major study (that was later revealed to be paid by the beef industry) showed this burger is actually about the same for your health as standard beef, and possibly worse if you have sodium restrictions. CNet ran a story and the NY Times published a column on how special-interest groups controlled studies on both sides.

The bottom line was that unless you‘re on a strict diet, the Impossible Burger is full of so much sodium and man-made chemicals that it’s not particularly healthier than real beef. Both publications concluded it’s more about your ethics and personal diet.

Last edited:

Maccabee18

They had the impossible burger on Disney Cruise when I was on the ship a few weeks ago. It was decent, a little over cooked and dry, but I’m glad there is a different option. I prefer it over the beyond burger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom