News 2/6 - Operating Changes Due to High Winds

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
For anyone visiting today and tonight.

Screenshot_20200206-194036_Chrome.jpg

cspencer96

Probably no Tink for HEA and no fire at Star Wars. They'd burn the building down in this weather.
They don’t typically announce when it’s just that Tink won’t fly. I’m sure this performance of HEA will be without some lower-level pyro, in addition to Tink’s absence.

TrainsOfDisney

What does modified mean?

Modified means a projection show with very little pyro. I remember seeing a modified wishes and illuminations on the same trip during a tropical storm or something. I think illuminations was only the fire barge and maybe the pyro from inside the globe? Super limited. Which is why they just cut Epcot forever, not much left if you take out the pyro.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Modified means a projection show with very little pyro. I remember seeing a modified wishes and illuminations on the same trip during a tropical storm or something. I think illuminations was only the fire barge and maybe the pyro from inside the globe? Super limited. Which is why they just cut Epcot forever, not much left if you take out the pyro.
Also because of the kites. No way can they do it tonight.

Nottamus

I see they closed Skyliner. That’s a good thing

we were there in December with 15–18 mph sustained winds and went from
Epcot to Caribbean Beach....and it was a little woozy. Wife said she’ll never go back on it again.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
I see they closed Skyliner. That’s a good thing

we were there in December with 15–18 mph sustained winds and went frpm
Epcot to Caribbean Beach....and it was a little woozy. Wife said she’ll never go back on it again.
It was wise. It was super windy yesterday.

It's breezy today, but not as bad. Skyliner was running when I left BW this morning.

Skibum1970

Late to the party. We were staying at Bay Lake and there were no fireworks that evening. Just the projection show. Also, walked past the non-operating Skyliner while at Epcot and the gondolas were definitely swinging. It would have provided a queasy ride for those who get seasick. One thing that Disney could not stop was dust being blown in our faces by the wind from the construction sites around Epcot. It actually stung sometimes and also kept getting in our eyes. My DW received it much worse since she wasn't wearing sunglasses whereas I had them on.

Lilofan

Late to the party. We were staying at Bay Lake and there were no fireworks that evening. Just the projection show. Also, walked past the non-operating Skyliner while at Epcot and the gondolas were definitely swinging. It would have provided a queasy ride for those who get seasick. One thing that Disney could not stop was dust being blown in our faces by the wind from the construction sites around Epcot. It actually stung sometimes and also kept getting in our eyes. My DW received it much worse since she wasn't wearing sunglasses whereas I had them on.
Windy conditions are not fun. One guest that I heard got firework debris in her eye and needed medical attention after seeing the 9pm show at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom