News The Pirates League at Magic Kingdom to close this summer

ELG13

really talk did anyone ever do that?
My daughter has done the mermaid make over every year since she was 4. It really is a whole experience! The inside of the space feels like the underbelly of an old pirate ship. All the the cast members do an excellent job staying in character, especially the main pirate who just didn't have time for anyone's crap 😂 it was a blast for my daughter and so much fun to watch. I'm sad to see it go. She's older now and this is actually the first year she hasn't asked to do it when we've mentioned our upcoming trip but it really is a blast .

ELG13

My niece and nephew did this and had a great time. Niece was an awesome pirate. Nephew was a lovely merman. It’s too bad since it’s so much cheaper than BBB and not everyone wants to be a princess.
Oh my goodness, YES! When we looked into BBB for our first trip with our daughter I could not believe the price tag! And she's not a princess kind of girl but it looked fun so I considered it. Luckily enough they were totally booked for the date and times that worked and they mentioned pirates league to me. It was the most fun experience!! My daughter really enjoyed it. And has done it every trip since. I don't mind the $80 price tag considering what she got are things she actually re wore.

RememberWhen

Oh my goodness, YES! When we looked into BBB for our first trip with our daughter I could not believe the price tag! And she's not a princess kind of girl but it looked fun so I considered it. Luckily enough they were totally booked for the date and times that worked and they mentioned pirates league to me. It was the most fun experience!! My daughter really enjoyed it. And has done it every trip since. I don't mind the $80 price tag considering what she got are things she actually re wore.
We actually just booked it for our DS8 and DD3 for July. We’re going on a cruise the next day, so we can reuse any accessories then! The kids are fairly excited.

ELG13

We actually just booked it for our DS8 and DD3 for July. We’re going on a cruise the next day, so we can reuse any accessories then! The kids are fairly excited.
Absolutely!!! How fun! I may have to sign her up for our May trip since it will be the last time she will be able to. I can't help but wonder why they are getting rid of it. It's always very busy and seems like such a great option.

The Visionary Soul

But equally why can't alcohol be limited to full service restaurants and Star Wars land only?
Are you that naive to believe that it's going to stay that way? If so, I have a giant golf ball I'd like to sell you.

No, Disney's leadership wants booze in as many places as possible, they just know you have to introduce it slowly and carefully in places like Disneyland and Magic Kingdom, which were previously dry. The other parks are getting even more booze. At Epcot the centerpiece of what used to be Future World is going to be a giant two story building hovering above the walkways with a big biergarten on the roof (sure, its a "Festival Headquarters"). The leadership also wants a lot of other things... but I'd probably get shunned if I started blabbing about them on here. Just assume that they want the revenue from alcohol. And paid FastPass. And paid upgrades. Basically, if it can be monetized, it will. Once they monetize everything they can then you'll start seeing more creativity again.

kpilcher

Are you that naive to believe that it's going to stay that way? If so, I have a giant golf ball I'd like to sell you.

No, Disney's leadership wants booze in as many places as possible, they just know you have to introduce it slowly and carefully in places like Disneyland and Magic Kingdom, which were previously dry. The other parks are getting even more booze. At Epcot the centerpiece of what used to be Future World is going to be a giant two story building hovering above the walkways with a big biergarten on the roof (sure, its a "Festival Headquarters"). The leadership also wants a lot of other things... but I'd probably get shunned if I started blabbing about them on here. Just assume that they want the revenue from alcohol. And paid FastPass. And paid upgrades. Basically, if it can be monetized, it will. Once they monetize everything they can then you'll start seeing more creativity again.
While a bit of a gloomy outlook-- good to see you. Your perspective has been missed.

A Noble Fish

I appreciate your insight. I'm just happy that the parks feel fresh after a lack of additions over decades. HWS is actually a great park now, so is Animal Kingdom, and EPCOT should be solid (albeit not EPCOT), and finally, Magic Kingdom will be much better with TRON. Even if creativity goes up post-upcharges, I feel Epic Universe and Nintendo are what will get them to pump investment in the parks come 2023.

That being said, hopefully, the upcharges don't impede much more over guests. I can live with a dessert party, and I can live with more alcohol, but paid Fastpass+ opens up a can of worms that MAXPass didn't really touch with. Hopefully, it will work out for guests and shareholders alike!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom