Club runDisney is a new membership program offering benefits at runDisney events

the.dreamfinder

Was it NY or Boston that had 100,000 people enter the lottery this year and only 20% got in?
It was NYC Marathon, 165,000 applied (me included!) and only 4% got in. (Credit card was happy to not be charged over $300)

Now, of course, NYC Marathon has like four or five kinds of runners, from time qualifiers to members of NYRR who do the 9+1 program and charity runners. There aren’t many lottery slots with how that system is set up.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
It was NYC Marathon, 165,000 applied (me included!) and only 4% got in. (Credit card was happy to not be charged over $300)

Now, of course, NYC Marathon has like four or five kinds of runners, from time qualifiers to members of NYRR who do the 9+1 program and charity runners. There aren’t many lottery slots with how that system is set up.
I knew it was low to how many got in, but I was way off. wow! Are you going to try next year?
As running continues to gains newer runners and more popularity I wonder about other races and if they've seen increase in registrations.

the.dreamfinder

I knew it was low to how many got in, but I was way off. wow! Are you going to try next year?
As running continues to gains newer runners and more popularity I wonder about other races and if they've seen increase in registrations.
I try every year. Unlike the regular lottery, it’s free to lose, but expensive if you win!

Rteetz

I try every year. Unlike the regular lottery, it’s free to lose, but expensive if you win!
I suggest trying the NYC Virtual to get guaranteed entry. You can run a live marathon as your NYC virtual to count it as well. I did the virtual in 2020 to get entry for 2021. Worked out well that year because of Covid but still.

Rteetz

Was it NY or Boston that had 100,000 people enter the lottery this year and only 20% got in?

I think races sell out faster in anniversary years. And long time participants won't be happy if rD switches to a lottery system like Boston, NYC, Chicago or other majors.
Boston does not have a lottery, only qualifying time or charity.

Of the majors Chicago is said to be the easiest of the lotteries to get in. Even then tho it's not easy. I have entered Chicago 4 times via lottery and not gotten in. I finally did charity for that one last year.

Much like runDisney, even the majors are getting more popular. I believe applicants for every major went up by large amounts this past year.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Boston does not have a lottery, only qualifying time or charity.

Of the majors Chicago is said to be the easiest of the lotteries to get in. Even then tho it's not easy. I have entered Chicago 4 times via lottery and not gotten in. I finally did charity for that one last year.

Much like runDisney, even the majors are getting more popular. I believe applicants for every major went up by large amounts this past year.
Congrats on your 100th runDisney medal!!
I haven't had much luck in the lotteries either.

Saw on fb someone mentioned they were told at the expo by cast-member club renewals would start sometime this summer, anyone else hear anything?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom