News Holidays at the Magic Kingdom 2019

DisneyDreamer08

I hate to burst your bubble but I wouldn't count on it still happening then.. , by that point the crane will akready be on-site taking the lights down.

Someone said last year the last show was marathon weekend. That’s the only reason I asked 🤷‍♀️ I honestly didn’t plan on anything Christmas-y at all. I expected everything to be gone by the time we got there.

No Name

Acid Trip Mountain all day for regular guests? Yeah that’s not one I can get behind. I think it’s an alright change for party guests but regular first-timers should get the actual sensical Space Mountain.

ToTBellHop

Acid Trip Mountain all day for regular guests? Yeah that’s not one I can get behind. I think it’s an alright change for party guests but regular first-timers should get the actual sensical Space Mountain.
Don’t mind me as I try to enjoy Christmas vacation...I’m excited for something different.

No Name

Don’t mind me as I try to enjoy Christmas vacation...I’m excited for something different.

You’re also a relatively frequent visitor and on a theme park forum. Many of the guests have never ridden Space Mountain, may never ride again, and don’t need something “different.”

ToTBellHop

You’re also a relatively frequent visitor and on a theme park forum. Many of the guests have never ridden Space Mountain, may never ride again, and don’t need something “different.”
Most guests of such type won’t mind. They are choosing to go to WDW literally for Christmas. Daily from 11/8 to 1/15 would be excessive.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I did holiday SM tonight. It was indeed different. And I hope to never experience it again. Disneyland’s Hyperpsace Mountain overlay is amazing. MK’s holiday thing is, as a previous poster suggests, like an acid trip (or at least how I think an acid trip would be).

OTOH, the holiday enhancements for the Speedway and MILF are nice, and low key.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Still makes no sense that they do not do a version of the Country Bear Christmas show along with all of this.
Agreed. They have the show program and presumably could still find the costume pieces from 10 years ago or whenever the last time was that they ran it.

prberk

Agreed. They have the show program and presumably could still find the costume pieces from 10 years ago or whenever the last time was that they ran it.

Or use the costume department to make new ones. That would cost about $0.10 on the dollar for what they make in a day, but yet really bring something fun and fresh to the season. Not to mention being a people eater for capacity.

It has been said that they have a rights issue over "Rudolph" as used in the old show. That, too, could be solved with either a payment or a few edits. No excuse.

Squishy

For the past few days part of the left side of the castle dreamlights have been not working, guess it will stay like that for the rest of this season.

raymusiccity

Most guests of such type won’t mind. They are choosing to go to WDW literally for Christmas. Daily from 11/8 to 1/15 would be excessive.
Disagree. Lots of out-of-towners make a special trip just for the Christmas decorations and overlays. January 15 is just perfect.......keeps it up for the Marathon as a special bonus !

ToTBellHop

Disagree. Lots of out-of-towners make a special trip just for the Christmas decorations and overlays. January 15 is just perfect.......keeps it up for the Marathon as a special bonus !
Well they won’t run it when MVMCPis available and only offered to pay to run these for the peak crowds 12/23-1/1. I don’t believe they run through Marathon? Only Jingle Cruise runs the full season AFAIK.

gerarar

Premium Member
For the past few days part of the left side of the castle dreamlights have been not working, guess it will stay like that for the rest of this season.
I actually noticed this on my visit to MK on Christmas day. The one pillar on the left went out sometime after the Frozen Castle lighting show at 6:15 and the 9pm stage show that night. I recorded the lighting that night and it showed still lighted, so it had to happen during one of the stage shows after that.
Was hoping they would fix that sometime overnight or after park close, but guess not..

DisneyDreamer08

I’m hoping someone will be in MK tonight or tomorrow night and can let me know if they are still lighting the castle. I’ve heard the Frozen show is done but last I heard, they were still turning the lights on nightly. We arrive Saturday and are going to MK that afternoon. Just wondering if we should stay til dark. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom