McDonald's near to Disney All Star Resort to close for remodel

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes but adults should be able to take responsibility for their actions and their decisions aren't usually swayed by brightly coloured cartoon characters.
Well if that’s the case, then marketing to children isn’t an issue because they’re the ones purchasing their child’s food.

Jon81uk

Well if that’s the case, then marketing to children isn’t an issue because they’re the ones purchasing their child’s food.

But kids are more easily swayed by marketing and will pester for food. If a child sees the characters they will then ask for the product advertised with characters and lazy parents will just say yes.
If an adult saw Ronald McDonald they are likely to ignore it, if a child sees him they will pester and ask for the food.

Disney has already taken action to stop themselves being associated with junk food https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business...y of foodstuffs that meet national guidelines.

There is also plenty of evidence to back up these sort of thoughts around children and "junk" food.

"Every hour kids spend online increases chance of buying junk food by a fifth," reports The Daily Telegraph. from https://www.nhs.uk/news/pregnancy-a...-advertising-feed-childrens-junk-food-habits/

"Fifty percent of children say that food from a package decorated with a cartoon celebrity such as Shrek tastes better than the same exact food from a plain package, according to a new study "

WondersOfLife

lazy parents will just say yes.
Simplified your post for ya.

Still doesn't justify why McDonald's can't be visually appealing to the eye and a fun place for kids. Removing play-places and replacing them with a couple of touch screen game stations sure does help a kid stay active, huh.

No Name

McDonalds of the 90s were dim and sticky, today they are bright and clean. I find the new designs leagues more appealing and I imagine anyone who doesn’t is part of a very small minority.

Otherwise they wouldn’t go forward with it.

WondersOfLife

Yes but adults should be able to take responsibility for their actions and their decisions aren't usually swayed by brightly coloured cartoon characters.
Exactly. So a child bugging them shouldn't be an issue. Glad we had this talk. Went full circle.

BromBones

That's one ugly box...just like those ugly garages.

The McDonald's should theme to match the All-Star resorts just like the parking garages should have been themed to match Disney Springs. The exteriors should have looked like old warehouses.

Remember when Disney used to do innovative stuff like that.

Jon81uk

Exactly. So a child bugging them shouldn't be an issue. Glad we had this talk. Went full circle.

Well going full circle, the lazy parents are more bothered by children bugging them.

Although I do agree that removing play places isn't so great, they are a good way for kids to stay active, but at the moment ball pits probably aren't the best way!

Lilofan

Well going full circle, the lazy parents are more bothered by children bugging them.

Although I do agree that removing play places isn't so great, they are a good way for kids to stay active, but at the moment ball pits probably aren't the best way!
With Covid epidemic in full swing, one of the last places children should be in in the McDonald's play places. It's full of sweat, grime, spit and who knows what all over the playground.

WondersOfLife

We must go to different McDonalds.
Most McDonalds are icky no matter where you go. I assume they're cleaner in the cities, though.

That they are. Playplaces are a nostalgic childhood memory of the past now. Kidz will never know the fun of going through all the different tubes and interactive elements.

With Covid epidemic in full swing, one of the last places children should be in in the McDonald's play places. It's full of sweat, grime, spit and who knows what all over the playground.
Yea, it's obviously not happening now. They can't even keep their little touch screen games on anymore.

Lilofan

Most McDonalds are icky no matter where you go. I assume they're cleaner in the cities, though.

That they are. Playplaces are a nostalgic childhood memory of the past now. Kidz will never know the fun of going through all the different tubes and interactive elements.

Yea, it's obviously not happening now. They can't even keep their little touch screen games on anymore.
I went to a McDonalds to order inside to take out but not allowed to eat inside due to state regulations. The staff member said the bathrooms were closed.? Is this legal?

John park hopper

Don't know about other places but the employees here in SC act like they are doing you a favor taking your order and then most times it is wrong. If I am desperate I'll go for breakfast pancakes and sausage. How they stay in business is a mystery to me

Lilofan

Don't know about other places but the employees here in SC act like they are doing you a favor taking your order and then most times it is wrong. If I am desperate I'll go for breakfast pancakes and sausage. How they stay in business is a mystery to me
I think The Golden Arches are much more revered overseas. Here in the USA, it's just another fast food option.

Disneyhead'71

Getting fast food in Florida is like playing a weird lottery. You hand them an predetermined amount of money based on what you think you may want to eat. The workers put random items into bags and distribute them willy nilly. Sometimes you win (I ordered a KFC 2 Piece Snack Meal. I got an 8 Piece Bucket, 2 Large Side, 4 Biscuits, and a 2 litre of Pepsi). Usually you lose. But the one thing you can count on is you NEVER, EVER, EVER get what you ordered.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I demand hot fresh fries. The way I get it is I ask for a large fries with no salt. The McDonald's staff member has to fry a fresh batch just for me. When the staff member gives me my order, I also ask for a few salt packets with the order.😉

allgiggles

I went to a McDonalds to order inside to take out but not allowed to eat inside due to state regulations. The staff member said the bathrooms were closed.? Is this legal?

FWIW, I think it's legal (but I'm not a lawyer). Just basing this on personal experience. When I was a teenager I worked at a take-out only restaurant -- we had no customer seating whatsoever. We did not have public restrooms and the owner would tell people who questioned it that restaurants only had to provide public restrooms if they had seating for customers. If it was only a take-out facility, they did not have to provide public restrooms. I know she would refer to the specific regulation but I don't remember what it was. Fast forward to today, my daughter works at a Starbucks. They currently (due to COVID-19 restrictions) do not have indoor or outdoor seating (their chairs and tables are in storage). Customers can go through the drive-thru, place mobile orders for pick up at the door or drive-thru, and up to 5 customers can be in the building at one time to place/pick-up orders. They do not have their bathrooms open for the public (and have signs on the front door and in the space indicating that, yet people try to move boxes and chairs to get to the restrooms). The manager told the employees that as long as they don't provide seating, they will not have their bathrooms open for the public as they are not required to provide public restrooms unless they have customer seating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom