Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

Incomudro

So to come full circle, this is a perfect illustration for why the change to "motor vehicle collision" - that way there is no appearance of determination of liability - that's for the legal system.

Perhaps, but that's an entirely different issue, IMHO, because it's not just people trying to avoid accountability; some insurance companies are pretty bad at times about creating ways to deny claims so they can get out of paying.

A big part of term collision is being driven is due to anti motor vehicle advocates.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
There are really anti motor vehicle advocates? People are opposed to just about everything these days. I’m an anti stupid other drivers advocate but that is only because I’ve been driving into NJ for work every day for the past 15 years ;)

Well, sometimes I really feel like horse and carriage is the better solution.

:joyfull:

sndral

At the expense of going further off-topic, you've hit the point without realizing it. The people who generally use the terms "MVA/MVC" are medical providers treating vehicle occupants, they don't have any idea of how the collision happened, whether it was intentional or not, nor generally speaking, do they know who/what was at fault. All they really know is what they need to know to treat the patient - that the patient was involved in collision with or between motor vehicles, and sometimes they might get some idea as to the severity of the collision. Therefore, rather than implying anything about whether it was intentional or not, you use the all-encompassing term "collision." So it's not hokey, it's meant to convey a fact (two vehicles collided) rather than a conclusion (it was accidental vs. negligent vs. intentional).
Also prosecutors trying vehicular crimes prefer to use the terms collision or crash. Criminal defense attorneys, on the other hand, love calling them accidents.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I was looking for the link that would reveal that to be an Onion article...no such luck. Oh well, yet another basic aspect of life that millenials need someone else to do for them.

Don't know why people have this mental condition that requires them to constantly attack newer generations, but I suppose generations before us said the same of us.

Goofyernmost

Don't know why people have this mental condition that requires them to constantly attack newer generations, but I suppose generations before us said the same of us.
Yep, back in the sixties there was the ever popular, snicker inducing, hysterically funny question.. is that a boy or a girl? It is actually much more relevant today because back then it was just referring to the length of hair. Damn long haired hippy's! They all turned into bald hippy's.

twilight mitsuk

New evacuation procedure

Last edited:

ABQ

Wasn't he aware of the wheelchair loading procedure? Seems like he wasn't.
Perhaps not, but in the case of the Riveria station, unless WDW wants to keep bringing the line to a full stop, his point stands as just slowing way down may not be enough to accommodate not someone having to get up and out of a wheelchair, but still the entire loading process can be slow for any party traveling with a wheelchair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom