News Catherine Powell's position eliminated

cinderellafan6

Well, FWIW, I love Disney (REAL Disney, not the Iger regime), and I don't care two pins about SWGE. I bemoan the money invested in it that could have been used to upgrade Peter Pan's Flight, or a great new Mary Poppins land, or at least fix the damn yeti. If the tepid response to SWGE continues after Rise of the Resistance, that's all good IMO. That'll teach Iger and like-minded greedos that buying up played-out franchises isn't necessarily such a great idea. I'm sick of drooling over the incredible new attractions that are being planned for Tokyo Disneyland, and the great new Pan and Pirate rides at Shanghai. I want that great stuff HERE in the United States, the home of the Disney Parks, for christ's sake. I'm sick of the "aw-it's-good-enough-for-the-dumb-Disney-lovin'-American-rubes" attitude from the pencil-pushers and penny-pinchers that infest Disney now. The lackluster reaction to SWGE is a kick in the pants those dopes have had coming to them for a long time now. I couldn't be happier. Now, as to whether that'll bring on a real sea change within the company regarding how to handle the U.S. parks, well hell I don't know. I'm not optimistic. Neither Iger nor Chapek have the sensibilities to correct what's wrong. It'll take radical new management which sees the parks the way Walt saw them, and not as mere hubs for merchandising. We'll see what happens (faith, trust and pixie dust...)

YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!

Monorail_Orange

Thanks for reminding us “Al”.
tenor.gif

_caleb

So D'Amaro is the new layer of, um, insulation between the Board of Directors and and Bob Chapek?

Not sure harping on SWGE's failure is going to be the most effective strategy... maybe Abagail is interested in launching a new campaign?

RSoxNo1

A female of the species was just elevated to president of DLR.

I assume you have Bob's address to send your apologies.

Also, is this going to be the new norm for you that when you have a critique, you're just going to keep repeating it over and over again in every thread?
He has more time on his hands now that he's not running WDW.

TP2000

Right? We have our token. Mark it off the list.

Don't forget, Disneyland already had a lady president running the resort 20 years ago, and she stayed for 4 years into the early 00's. So that glass ceiling was already broken in the late 1990's.

Ah, James Watt, wondered where you've been!

Oh, I'd forgotten about him! What a funny blast from the past, thank you for the Friday laugh! :D

the.dreamfinder

Don't forget, Disneyland already had a lady president running the resort 20 years ago, and she stayed for 4 years into the early 00's. So that glass ceiling was already broken in the late 1990's.
And a child received injuries that would later kill them from poor pre ride seat checks under her watch.

No Name

Quite simply, the story is, Chapek felt he needed the support since he had inherited Consumer Products again after the merger between that and Parks. They felt Catherine was the right individual with the right personality and skillset to support Bob C.

Yes, however, am I to believe they genuinely promoted her with the idea that the position would stick around? When you’re Bob Chapek, you don’t really like input from lower-down folks anyway, so you’re probably glad to handle both parks and merch without extra help. Her position feels like more of a transitional one to help Bob get ahold of his new responsibilities and then continue carelessly approving big boxes in otherwise-themed environments. Point being, I never saw it lasting, and I wonder if people within the company, perhaps herself included, felt the same way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom