News Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2020

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
EDIT: I thought this was at the Arts Festival in EPCOT, but it's in DCA. Tho, would be nice to come to WDW.

OK... this is... interesting....

So, I guess this means every festival cashier is a cashier for every festival booth?

That would have come in handy last festival (Holiday). My friend and I had our booths planned: Morocco, Israel, Beermany. We purchased at the first; walked our meals to the second and purchased there; walked to Germany and got a table; friend then went and purchased beer. Ate it all.

In this new system, we could have ordered it all at the first cashier and then just have gone straight to each counter. I guess.

Last edited:

tirian

So, I guess this means every festival cashier is a cashier for every festival booth?

That would have come in handy last festival (Holiday). My friend and I had our booths planned: Morocco, Israel, Beermany. We purchased at the first; walked our meals to the second and purchased there; walked to Germany and got a table; friend then went and purchased beer. Ate it all.

In this new system, we could have ordered it all at the first cashier and then just have gone straight to each counter. I guess.

That would be amazing during F&W! I hope this test works.

Figment82

That would be amazing during F&W! I hope this test works.
They’ve been using this system at DCA for a little while now. I remember reading about it for last year’s Lunar New Year or F&W. So it’s not really a test at this point, just something that isn’t well known or well utilized. It’d be great if they started using it here though!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They’ve been using this system at DCA for a little while now. I remember reading about it for last year’s Lunar New Year or F&W. So it’s not really a test at this point, just something that isn’t well known or well utilized. It’d be great if they started using it here though!

Oops. Just realized that this tweet is from DCA and not EPCOT. Altered my post above to make that clear.

Yeah, it would be nice to come to EPCOT.

Crazydisneyfanluke

EDIT: I thought this was at the Arts Festival in EPCOT, but it's in DCA. Tho, would be nice to come to WDW.

Couldn't you just bring mobile ordering for them?

Not a fan of the idea tbh.

michmousefan

Somewhat surprised no one shared the festival poster for this year:
robkaz-best-view-in-the-house-figment-spaceship-earth.jpg

It's very nice. Perhaps the direction to Mr. Kaz was "create an image that obscures all of the construction work going on during the festival."

tirian

Oops. Just realized that this tweet is from DCA and not EPCOT. Altered my post above to make that clear.

Yeah, it would be nice to come to EPCOT.

Ah, if I went to DCA more than once every few years, I probably would’ve visited one of their festivals and known this. Most of my SoCal trips involve two days at DL and move on to the rest of the region, with DCA tacked on every once in a while.

TrainsOfDisney

Ah, if I went to DCA more than once every few years, I probably would’ve visited one of their festivals and known this. Most of my SoCal trips involve two days at DL and move on to the rest of the region, with DCA tacked on every once in a while.

The dca version of these festivals is not nearly as good as the Epcot versions when it comes to the food booths. The extra entertainment can be quite good though.

TrainsOfDisney

Such a great festival!! The broadway shows were great and watching the artists at work and getting to meet them is so enjoyable.

Trevor Carlton’s performances, as always, are a real highlight and I like where the stage is this year, seems to attract more people to stay and watch. ADBC207F-2C9A-4C38-827A-BC183FEFF4BF.jpegD07E3F52-C67D-4DB0-8558-96D1722CE113.jpeg7795C430-0CB8-473C-83EF-35CE43DCD3C5.jpeg94BC36D0-25C3-4CC8-9D9E-CF515A9CB280.jpeg227AFD00-8322-4FCE-911A-8A722EC3984D.jpeg

Figments Friend

Nice to see those recent styised Epcot 'Attraction posters' finally get released officially as prints.
Too bad it's only 100 of each.

Perhaps they will do a wider release of the images in a different form.
That set made for the display at last years D23 Expo was stunning.
They are a welcome edition to the walls of the Odyssey at Epcot.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom