Disney's value resort food courts to begin breakfast as early as 2:30am with the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge

Lirael

There are some people saying they plan on being at the park by 3 am that opening day. So.... I'm sure someone will at least buy some coffee that early.
Sounds like a plan: Go to Epcot the day before, get drunk, go party, grab a coffee in a value resort at 2:30 am, crash your drunk butt outside HS at 3am, wake up at park open as the crowds of people behind you push you through the gateway with minimal effort ;)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Sounds like a plan: Go to Epcot the day before, get drunk, go party, grab a coffee in a value resort at 2:30 am, crash your drunk butt outside HS at 3am, wake up at park open as the crowds of people behind you push you through the gateway with minimal effort ;)

If I'm drinking all night, I'm definitely getting those Mickey waffles, LOL

Disstevefan1

I don't see the point of opening that early unless they are planning to open the park before 6am. I think a 4am open would be more than early enough for a 6am park opening.

If I was at wdw at this time I'd wake up around 3am because of this...and would be very very enraged if the park didn't open before 6am after all.

Unless maybe they're expecting there to be huge lines for the park opening itself, and they're opening breakfast at ungodly hours to help the strong souls that want to start lining up by 4am.

I agree! Why open the food courts at 2:30 AM when the park opens at 6AM? Also, how early will the buses run on these Extra Extra Magic days?

cosmicgirl

The renovated Pop and Movies rooms are the only value rooms with a coffee maker. I would not be happy if I got up at 4 to do 6am EMH and was told that I could not get coffee until 6. It's not uncommon at the values for one person to do a very early coffee run to the food court while the others start getting ready in the room. The demand is there so I applaud them for catering to it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think this kind of press is hoping to drum up anticipation, but it may backfire and just scare guests away.
One other thing, why only Value Resorts? Disney is really taking to heart that oft said Value Resort Aficionado line of "I don't spend much time in the room, I am there for the parks"
I was thinking the same...they appear to be still “searching for the market”

Nothing built is worth 3 am. This is an interest lab experiment...where the people are in the maze and the mice are watching
Why poor cast members?

I would think they would be excited
Have you ever met one?

Last edited:

kwoodfan1

I meant Thursday, when people are going to be lining up hours before to get in on the first day it opens. I can see later on in Sept/October when 6am might get you something close to relatively empty, then it could be worth it.

Cause its only gonna open for the first time once, events are fun, anticipation is exciting, and why not live a little.

Mickey5150

The renovated Pop and Movies rooms are the only value rooms with a coffee maker. I would not be happy if I got up at 4 to do 6am EMH and was told that I could not get coffee until 6. It's not uncommon at the values for one person to do a very early coffee run to the food court while the others start getting ready in the room. The demand is there so I applaud them for catering to it.
That's what I'll be doing on the 14th. I'm up at 3, family is up by 4. Thankfully I can now head to the food court at 4:30 for some drinks and pastries to tide us over until whatever madness there is at Galaxy's Edge.

Disorbust

Just an FYI. We stated at AoA last week and all the menus changed and according to the CMs they are only serving items that can be made in in less then 3 minutes. No more surf burger, build your own pasta.

Lirael

Just an FYI. We stated at AoA last week and all the menus changed and according to the CMs they are only serving items that can be made in in less then 3 minutes. No more surf burger, build your own pasta.
All day? I could kind of understand, maybe, if they cut it out at rush hours, but cutting it out completely is terrible service and looks like they weren't prepared for the number of guests for SW, which makes no sense.

cosmicgirl

All day? I could kind of understand, maybe, if they cut it out at rush hours, but cutting it out completely is terrible service and looks like they weren't prepared for the number of guests for SW, which makes no sense.
I checked the menus after reading this and they have been dumbed down all day. This is a big loss for what was imo the best food court on property.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
That's nice, but breakfast in the room will get you to the bus stop / car quicker. I'd rather have all the food stations stay open till midnight. Usually after 11pm it's nasty italian entrees and pizza. What's up with that!?

The pizza is delicious how dare you.

Phonedave

It’d be cool if the same were offered on a runDisney weekend. I’m always buying the day before for the following morning.

Sometimes it happens. I believe only at official resorts for the race. I remember getting bagels at PO:R before the marathon one year. In fact I think they were free for people who were running. Or maybe I am imagining it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom