Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Incomudro

Bocabear

It was absolutely mobbed when we were there 2 weeks ago...no big line to get in, but the paths were packed full of people, there was no time or space to enjoy the little effects and things, and by the time we got to the TeFiti area, there were so many people taking selfies that you could not even really see the TeFiti figure and the area... It was a major clog point. I would have liked to have gone back later in the day to see if the crowds went down, but it was a fairly unpleasant experience. I thought that what we saw was very nicely done, but don't think I will ever feel like it was a good thematic match for it's location... Now if The Living Seas was themed to a South Pacific research station...and it had been built around the entrance area between the Land and Seas... it might have been a better fit....

JohnD

This was a great addition. And for the record, we have been there multiple times now and it was always full. You learn something and it is fun. I would imagine as it gets hotter this will just get more and more crowded.
I went with a family with an 8 year old boy. He absolutely loved it. The father, maybe not so much. LOL. Epcot needed more kid friendly attractions and this fits the bill.

Mr. Sullivan

Would you like to have breakfast with Robert Iger each morning?

He’s looking for criticism like yours 👍🏻
Oh there’s plenty of stuff I can criticize about Disney and stuff they’ve added the last few years. Hell, even THIS year. Even more I can about Bob.

But you know, I just don’t find any joy in constant negativity and complaining like some Disney fans seem to live for. I go into each thing looking to walk away liking it. Sometimes I don’t, sometimes I do. In this case, I think this attraction is wonderful and fits perfectly into the educational and beautiful world of EPCOT.

Had I not liked it, I wouldn’t be afraid to say so but I also wouldn’t make it my entire personality. It’s much more fun to talk about what I like than what I don’t.

If that somehow makes me an Iger apologist then sure whatever I’ll take the title even though I really am not a fan. But I’m not gonna waste my time getting snarky about what other people enjoy because frankly I LIKE seeing other people enjoy something even if I don’t personally.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh there’s plenty of stuff I can criticize about Disney and stuff they’ve added the last few years. Hell, even THIS year. Even more I can about Bob.

But you know, I just don’t find any joy in constant negativity and complaining like some Disney fans seem to live for. I go into each thing looking to walk away liking it. Sometimes I don’t, sometimes I do. In this case, I think this attraction is wonderful and fits perfectly into the educational and beautiful world of EPCOT.

Had I not liked it, I wouldn’t be afraid to say so but I also wouldn’t make it my entire personality. It’s much more fun to talk about what I like than what I don’t.

If that somehow makes me an Iger apologist then sure whatever I’ll take the title even though I really am not a fan. But I’m not gonna waste my time getting snarky about what other people enjoy because frankly I LIKE seeing other people enjoy something even if I don’t personally.

I get your sentiment…I just wouldn’t choose to die on the hill that has the rock garden in it

Mr. Sullivan

May I ask why you believe AK? I don’t mean that sarcastically, I’m genuinely curious because to me it doesn’t work at AK.

It’z not about animals nor is it about conservation. It’s about the scientific concept of the water cycle. That’s EPCOT’s bread and butter.

I’ve seen some people make the argument of it being nature based making it AK ready but does that mean Living with the Land should go to AK? Or The Seas? It’s science based which is exactly what the front half of EPCOT is.

TrainsOfDisney

May I ask why you believe AK? I don’t mean that sarcastically, I’m genuinely curious because to me it doesn’t work at AK.
For me, it feels DAK or Adventureland. It’s the pavement, the rock work, the lighting, everything about it.

I’m guessing it was designed for MK as part of the Moana expansion and somebody said “oh let’s plop this in Epcot” - but I still like it!

Mr. Sullivan

I get your sentiment…I just wouldn’t choose to die on the hill that has the rock garden in it
But why though if it’s an enjoyable attraction that is quite fun for me and my family to go through?

I can fully understand if your personal preference is that you don’t enjoy it. There’s stuff at the parks I just do not enjoy. But I can’t say that someone else enjoying it is dying on any sort of hill as if liking it is an objectively incorrect assessment.

It’s very well liked by the majority of people who’ve experienced it. It only faces any sort of negativity in hardcore Disney fandom spaces which even that I find a bit strange considering it had a rather positive or at least acceptable response in those spaces when it opened.

I just think generally we need to let people like what they like and say that they like it without having to be talked to like they’re either dumb or a shill for liking it. Absolutely share why you don’t, that’s the great thing about these sorts of places, but we don’t have to talk down on those we disagree with.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But why though if it’s an enjoyable attraction that is quite fun for me and my family to go through?

I can fully understand if your personal preference is that you don’t enjoy it. There’s stuff at the parks I just do not enjoy. But I can’t say that someone else enjoying it is dying on any sort of hill as if liking it is an objectively incorrect assessment.

It’s very well liked by the majority of people who’ve experienced it. It only faces any sort of negativity in hardcore Disney fandom spaces which even that I find a bit strange considering it had a rather positive or at least acceptable response in those spaces when it opened.

I just think generally we need to let people like what they like and say that they like it without having to be talked to like they’re either dumb or a shill for liking it. Absolutely share why you don’t, that’s the great thing about these sorts of places, but we don’t have to talk down on those we disagree with.
If you enjoy it…great.

Disney needs to do better in its parks - however - especially Epcot.

To each their own

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dude no point in arguing. Most people love it, some don't, that's just how it is. I also agree some people that dislike things base their entire identity on telling people they're wrong.
Dude…”most people love it” is what people tell themselves in bobs echo chamber everyday

It really seems out of place…that aside it’s ok.

But there’s really nobody in the damn thing…how often are you in that path?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom