Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't understand what you are talking about.
My apologies, I got confused over where the photos of the boxes came from. They weren't from www.wdwmagic.com, but 'some other place.'

1708651177537.png

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

My apologies, I got confused over where the photos of the boxes came from. They were from www.wdwmagic.com, but 'some other place.'

View attachment 769852
Oh boy, I did not see this.
Well, they are in theme with the boxes that now adorn World Celebration Malformation Gardens.
The moment EVERYONE (except for the very talented designers of this space) saw the mounds of cement at the base of the poles KNEW they were tripping hazards.

Now covered with WDW's favorite building material, plywood.
Before: ______________________________________After:
tripOmatic.jpg
1708653729470.png

Last edited:

MrPromey

Water curtain effect closed-off at EPCOT's Journey of Water Inspired by Moana​

... and so it begins. :oops:

I'm sure it'll be fixed and reopened and obviously, many attractions go through issues in the beginning but given the nature of what this is, it'll be interesting to see how much they care for the space over the years to come vs. eventually just taking away signage and hoping people don't realize an effect is missing.

Incomudro

... and so it begins. :oops:

I'm sure it'll be fixed and reopened and obviously, many attractions go through issues in the beginning but given the nature of what this is, it'll be interesting to see how much they care for the space over the years to come vs. eventually just taking away signage and hoping people don't realize an effect is missing.
Unfortunately.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't understand why they turned it off. It's a water curtain. It's supposed to part so you can walk thru and remain dry, but if it doesn't part when you walk thru it, it's STILL a water curtain. You'll just get soaked.

I'd find watching someone walking thru a water curtain to be both very entertaining and educational, both of which fit neatly into Epcot's original intent.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I really wish they had better placement for the meet and greet. In its current spot, the line has a tendency to create a choke-point on that walkway when things are busy. Or when you have a couple of families with double-wide strollers and they don't see the need to move close to the side. ;)

James Alucobond

I really wish they had better placement for the meet and greet. In its current spot, the line has a tendency to create a choke-point on that walkway when things are busy. Or when you have a couple of families with double-wide strollers and they don't see the need to move close to the side. ;)
I'm hoping they intend to swap the queue to the opposite side between the M&G and Coral Reef once that area is done. They're doing a lot of paving over there that wasn't in the original site plan, so I have to imagine it's in support of the M&G, which also wasn't in the plan.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm hoping they intend to swap the queue to the opposite side between the M&G and Coral Reef once that area is done. They're doing a lot of paving over there that wasn't in the original site plan, so I have to imagine it's in support of the M&G, which also wasn't in the plan.
That would definitely be a preferable area for that queue.

James Alucobond

That would definitely be a preferable area for that queue.
If you look back at the plan from when the festival center was still a thing, it did appear to include the M&G oriented in that way (see below for flow). We basically have the exit area on the right, and I suspect they're working on some variation of the proposed queuing area right now, though it might ultimately be a bit more of a straightaway that also provides backstage access rather than what was originally proposed. I could be wrong, though.
jow_flow.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If you look back at the plan from when the festival center was still a thing, it did appear to include the M&G oriented in that way (see below for flow). We basically have the exit area on the right, and I suspect they're working on some variation of the proposed queuing area right now, though it might ultimately be a bit more of a straightaway that also provides backstage access rather than what was originally proposed. I could be wrong, though.
View attachment 770974

That would make much more sense, and I sincerely hope your guess is correct and that there is work being done in that area to move the queue. Without a change in the queue placement, that walkway is going to be miserable during busier times. Even when it's not terribly busy, it only takes a few families and a few dozen people going each way to clog things up.

CntrlFlPete

I found it crazy when I was there the other day in the way they had Pluto out in the walkway right across from Daisey (who was in one of the sections). Each time I needed to go through that area, I needed to dodge folks going between the two characters while the crowd is trying to walk in the walkway.

Just looked/felt like a cluster that did not need to be.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh boy, I did not see this.
Well, they are in theme with the boxes that now adorn World Celebration Malformation Gardens.
The moment EVERYONE (except for the very talented designers of this space) saw the mounds of cement at the base of the poles KNEW they were tripping hazards.

Now covered with WDW's favorite building material, plywood.
Before: ______________________________________After:
View attachment 769857 View attachment 769858
... and so it begins. :oops:.
Unfortunately.
f92ba9aa-6fea-425b-a890-2fa745610c86_text.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom