Ample Hills to open new location at Disney Springs

TrainsOfDisney

Why can’t the West Coast have that one unique place to themselves. Compared to our Disney Springs their DTD is crap and hardly has any nice unique places.

I’m pretty sure they will keep it to themselves.

Only thing I really miss in California is Wolfgang puck.

JaxFLBear

I don't have empirical data in front of me, but of actual stores (not kiosks) I can only think of 3-4 that have changed since the redesign of the DD to DS. The Wolfgang Puck to Jaleo and Bongos removal are part of the ongoing update.
The number of Wolfgang Puck locations at Disney Springs is unchanged. There is Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace and the new Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill in the Town Center.

Epcot82Guy

I actually enjoy Ample Hills, so this isn't a bad move in my view.

As for turnover, it's an interesting issue where Disney has actually done pretty well. I'd say turnover isn't that bad at all in DS. And, several things have turned over from Disney stores to third party. That means Disney gets their rent money vs. an underperforming store. Not necessarily great for the retailer, but it's a proven model. And, there is clear evidence some stores are doing quite well in Disney Springs.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, October 31, 2019. Construction walls are up around the old "Something Silver" or more recently "Amazing Pictures" in the West Side of Disney Springs.

IMG_2497.JPG

There is now a rather narrow passage between construction walls for Ample Hills and Beatrix.

IMG_2498.JPG

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Fans of Ample Hills Creamery, the Brooklyn-based ice cream shop that opened an outpost on Disney’s BoardWalk in 2016, have been on quite the roller coaster ride when it comes to tracking the beloved scoop shop’s fate at Walt Disney World. Sadly, we just received confirmation from an Ample Hills Creamery spokesperson that the ice cream shop will not be operating any Disney World locations in the near future. "

"With the Disney Springs website still saying “Coming Soon” and the BoardWalk location “Temporarily Unavailable” on the Walt Disney World site, we reached out to Ample Hills to find out whether this could mean good news for Disney fans. Sadly, according to an Ample Hills Creamery spokesperson, neither location will open.

“Prior to the acquisition, the Disney agreement with Ample Hills creamery ended (back in January),” the company spokesperson said. “As a result, Ample Hills will close at Disney’s BoardWalk and the proposed Ample Hills location at Disney Springs will not open later this year.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom