News Disney's DescenDANCE Party begins later this month at Disney Springs

WDW Guru

ObscurityPoint

I thought maybe they would have some decency and delay the release of this due to the death of Cameron Boyce. Seems a little strange to put out less then a month after his passing.
I’m with you there. I’m surprised Disney never really addressed that. If there’s not a tribute attached to the film, I’m going to be very upset. I’m sure Disney doesn’t want kids to see that for whatever reason though, and just won’t address it at all on air. There was a Disney Channel star in the 90s who passed, so I wonder how they handled it then.

Ravenclaw78

I’m with you there. I’m surprised Disney never really addressed that. If there’s not a tribute attached to the film, I’m going to be very upset. I’m sure Disney doesn’t want kids to see that for whatever reason though, and just won’t address it at all on air. There was a Disney Channel star in the 90s who passed, so I wonder how they handled it then.

Disney cancelled the red-carpet premier event for Descendants 3 after Boyce's death, donated funds to a nonprofit he was heavily involved in, and "will dedicate the telecast of "Descendants 3" in Cameron Boyce's memory". https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/ente...ney-channel-donation-premiere-trnd/index.html

Apparently they also uploaded episodes of Jessie into the Disney NOW app, as my daughter had never heard of the show before but has been streaming them endlessly since Boyce passed away.

tl77

Our kids would love this, but our trips have never lined up with the releases of the Descendants movies... did notice at the 10pm kick off of Villains After Hours last night, the DJ play the "Wicked World" song from the Descendants to start the show

ThatMouse

It's hardly a movie. It's something from cable tv which I don't get anymore. It's an outdoor shopping mall. Nothing to do with Disney World. :p

LSLS

Not for me, but my daughter is bouncing off the walls excited for it at the Halloween party.

Booting sonny from cosmic rays.....i am just about out of pixie dust

I've only been to one, but don't they always put on a dance party thing in that spot during the parties?

WDWFREAK53

Disney cancelled the red-carpet premier event for Descendants 3 after Boyce's death, donated funds to a nonprofit he was heavily involved in, and "will dedicate the telecast of "Descendants 3" in Cameron Boyce's memory". https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/ente...ney-channel-donation-premiere-trnd/index.html

Apparently they also uploaded episodes of Jessie into the Disney NOW app, as my daughter had never heard of the show before but has been streaming them endlessly since Boyce passed away.

That's good to hear. My wife and I were commenting how they haven't mentioned it on the Disney Channel (that we've noticed). My daughter who watches religiously still doesn't know....but I guess that's a pretty heavy thing for a kids' network. I'm just surprised they didn't do any Jessie marathons (or even Bunk'd when he was on).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom