News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Don't knock it girl. Publix Chicken Tender subs are heaven on bread. During football season here in Jax they do one called the Jaguar that is comprised of chicken tenders, bacon, cheddar cheese, coleslaw, and barbecue sauce that might be right up your alley.

072564-600x600-A.jpg

http://www.publix.com/pd/jacksonville-jaguars-sub/BMO-DSB-518305

Yeah but the problem with that is if you blitz and knock the cheese out of it in the first and second quarters it gets conservative and is a completely different sandwich in the second half.

Annual passes for Publix subs and fried chicken?

Can’t understand why those who live close to Publix should get these discounts. I went during Publix passholder blackout dates and was able to get a whole Boar’s Head Ultimate no problems. Went back the next week and the counter was crowded and there was no shredded lettuce to be had which was absolutely barbaric. Ban the Publix passholders now!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My parents are headed to ye olde Vacation Kingdom at the end of the year. Was pricing some ticket options for them, park hoppers for a week (7 days) are up to $100 a day.

alphac2005

Quoted for truth. For the first time since I left the company a couple years ago, I probably won’t renew my AP.

I’m too familiar with the actual costs, and I know they’re using the parks to boost disappointing movie profits*. I can’t justify thousands of dollars for mediocre food, half-closed parks, attractions that don’t operate at full capacity and inflate queue lengths, badly maintained rides, and significantly less entertainment than a decade ago. The hotel rates are obscene. Guest service is no longer the industry standard.

There are too many wonderful things I can experience throughout America and the world for me to keep rewarding Disney for lowering its standards and value. Looks like I’ll be going once every other year instead of multiple times annually.

*profits, not box office grosses

Having been in the industry in a past life, I find it to be something how box office grosses have become a sport of sort for everyday people. Most seem to not have an understanding of what the difference between gross and profit are and that most of the production cost numbers that are shown publicly are misleading and only a partial reveal. International grosses that seem astronomical, but due to a variety of circumstances, the studio's cuts are a relatively paltry percentage of the profit.

So many tent pole movies that are grossing hundreds of millions seem like they are money making machines, but many of the small production budget films that are grossing 10x their production cost are actually the ones with higher profitability. Rant over. :)

I completely agree about the hotel rates. We're booking a trip and found a deal on a Ritz-Carlton at $230 per night during our trip. I couldn't book Port Orleans at that rate over the same dates. They aren't even in the same league or zip code.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
My parents are headed to ye olde Vacation Kingdom at the end of the year. Was pricing some ticket options for them, park hoppers for a week (7 days) are up to $100 a day.
That'll be next year. Right now, for 7 day park hopper tickets that are good from Dec. 21st - Dec. 30th, it's an average of $93.12/day - $651.84.

Darth_Wes

It may be something as simple as they have stats on when (summer) the most number of APs are purchased and they used that to take advantage of a price increase.

It will be interesting to see what SWGE brings attendance wise, so far at DLR the results have supposedly been unexpected. This may be cover for predicted weakness?

They announced to AP 3 days before the increase that they would be a sneak preview of GE for Platinum, Platinum plus, and Premium Passholders. They had a plan in place. I was going to upgrade mine from Silver to Platinum just to get that sneak preview...then this occurred. Now I won't even be renewing come renewal time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney is purposeful about what they do. With ALL of the increases over the last 5 years, I think it adds up to about 50%. Perhaps they are truly trying to phase out annual passes.

Well, since someone brought it up...

$654 - Regular AP in 2015
$1119 - Platinum AP in 2019 (comparing apples-to-apples, regardless of name)

$465 increase (71% increase compared with the 2015 AP price)

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Got this absolutely terrible canned response back:

Thank you for contacting us regarding the price adjustments to our Disney Annual Passes. We are truly sorry for any disappointment this announcement may have caused.

We’re always looking for ways to make your park experience special and introduce new experiences for you to enjoy. Each of our Annual Passes come with their own benefits. If you pick the Disney Platinum Plus, Disney Platinum, or Disney Gold Pass, you’ll receive unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads — you’ll definitely want to get tons of camera time! For all Annual Passes, now including the Disney Silver, Disney Weekday Select, and Epcot After 4 PM, you’ll get complimentary parking at our Theme Parks.

In addition, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with special preview opportunities planned before the land’s opening on Aug. 29. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More information and registration details for previews will be shared at a later date.

To check out all the perks and pricing, visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/.

Please know that you will receive a survey invitation in the next 24 hours regarding the service you received today and I would value knowing your feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is vital to the success of our organization

Kind regards,

Kaitlin Heitz
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-934-6555

This is the worst response I’ve ever seen from them. I LOVE the fact that they throw out a whole list of passes that the majority of people aren’t even eligible to purchase (and a quick check on my MDE account would have shown that I am not a FL resident).

I sent an email saying that I wasn’t going to buy an AP because of this blatant money grab, and they addressed it by trying to SELL me an AP. I wasn’t expecting anything from them, so it doesn’t matter, and I’m not surprised, but this is about as tone deaf as a company can get. It would have been better if they didn’t even respond.

drizgirl

Thank you for contacting us regarding the price adjustments to our Disney Annual Passes. We are truly sorry for any disappointment this announcement may have caused.

We’re always looking for ways to make your park experience special and introduce new experiences for you to enjoy. Each of our Annual Passes come with their own benefits. If you pick the Disney Platinum Plus, Disney Platinum, or Disney Gold Pass, you’ll receive unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads — you’ll definitely want to get tons of camera time! For all Annual Passes, now including the Disney Silver, Disney Weekday Select, and Epcot After 4 PM, you’ll get complimentary parking at our Theme Parks.

In addition, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with special preview opportunities planned before the land’s opening on Aug. 29. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More information and registration details for previews will be shared at a later date.

To check out all the perks and pricing, visit https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/.

Please know that you will receive a survey invitation in the next 24 hours regarding the service you received today and I would value knowing your feedback.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is vital to the success of our organization

Kind regards,

Kaitlin Heitz
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-934-6555

This is the worst response I’ve ever seen from them. I LOVE the fact that they throw out a whole list of passes that the majority of people aren’t even eligible to purchase (and a quick check on my MDE account would have shown that I am not a FL resident).

I sent an email saying that I wasn’t going to buy an AP because of this blatant money grab, and they addressed it by trying to SELL me an AP. I wasn’t expecting anything from them, so it doesn’t matter, and I’m not surprised, but this is about as tone deaf as a company can get. It would have been better if they didn’t even respond.
Price "adjustments"..... :joyfull:

Kingtut

We’re always looking for ways to make your park experience special and introduce new experiences for you to enjoy. Each of our Annual Passes come with their own benefits.

Next years added benefit will be the Disney Magical Identity Theft Experience - where they just take all of your money without your permission. No need to even bother yourself about renewing your pass - we won't leave you with enough money to buy one.

kong1802

Well, since someone brought it up...

$654 - Regular AP in 2015
$1119 - Platinum AP in 2019 (comparing apples-to-apples, regardless of name)

$465 increase (71% increase compared with the 2015 AP price)

For us, we don’t see the 71% increase in value. It’s actually the opposite. We are paying for new rides that we can’t even get a FP for as a “lowly” pass holder. I love the classics, but my 100th ride on space mountain isn’t worth almost double....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom