News Reservations now available for mini golf courses at Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens

AndyS2992

We go in peak Summer season as mini golf is free with UK tickets and the mini golf courses are always dead which is great, for this to be necessary I'm guessing things have picked up which is a shame, for me. I like getting a mini candy cane at the end in the middle of July lol

shernernum

Is it really though? Why make a reservation system? It's not for guest satisfaction. Disney is perfectly fine with guests waiting in line to play when it's busy. They make the same amount of money either way. Perhaps they'll make a few extra bucks when people reserve a tee time for a non busy part of the day. That would be the only profitable aspect of this; getting people to reserve a tee time for the slower parts of the day.

The need for a reservation system dictates that there is demand for this. Why not build an additional mini golf course if it were truly to enhance the guest experience , which you know that's what they will sell this reservation system as if asked by a guest. They've probly already got Stacey there to film a new segment of the "must dos". "Now you can book your mini golf experience in advance so your family plays how they want, and when they want!" Queue the "never had a friend like me" instrumental.
Having been to many mini-golf courses in the world, including the Disney ones, I am still trying to figure out how people really think this is going to save them much in staffing. What is the largest number of staff you have ever seen working at a mini-golf course at one time?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Having been to many mini-golf courses in the world, including the Disney ones, I am still trying to figure out how people really think this is going to save them much in staffing. What is the largest number of staff you have ever seen working at a mini-golf course at one time?
I am not a world travelling mini golf Connoisseur so I can not speak to staffing accommodations for put-put, but Disney is far more inclined to find a way to cut the bottom line and will only expand when something is bursting at the seems. I am sure this for more than staffing reduction. I wouldnt be surprised to see the mini golf courses closed during certain days or hours once they get the data back, and Im sure prices will increase as well.

I could be wrong, I hope I am. But their record speaks for itself.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We visit often enough which allows to relax and casually enjoy all of WDW without needing to rush around get a high ride count for the day. It is easier to notice the little things when you take it slow.

WS in Epcot use to have several CM's at the busier carts that serve beer and wine. There would usually be two CM's at the registers and one (or sometimes even two) CM's pouring the drinks, getting the pretzel, etc. Our last few trips, busy and slow seasons, we have often seen just one CM operating the cash register and pouring the drinks, or at best, two CM's at the stand. And Im not complaining either, just pointing out what we notice. All Ive suggested was that the reservation system for mini golf is most likely going to be able to give them data which can be used to reduce staffing, operating hours and anything else they deem worthy for saving a buck. Again, not complaining. But your lack of an educated rebuttal accompanied by a personal insult is enough to tell me that you are angered by my statement. Anger is most often a product of an insecure personality.

HoldenC

Whats the conspiracy? That Disney prefers cutbacks and higher prices and labels it as profit to please the BoD?

We visit often enough which allows to relax and casually enjoy all of WDW without needing to rush around get a high ride count for the day. It is easier to notice the little things when you take it slow.

WS in Epcot use to have several CM's at the busier carts that serve beer and wine. There would usually be two CM's at the registers and one (or sometimes even two) CM's pouring the drinks, getting the pretzel, etc. Our last few trips, busy and slow seasons, we have often seen just one CM operating the cash register and pouring the drinks, or at best, two CM's at the stand. And Im not complaining either, just pointing out what we notice. All Ive suggested was that the reservation system for mini golf is most likely going to be able to give them data which can be used to reduce staffing, operating hours and anything else they deem worthy for saving a buck. Again, not complaining. But your lack of an educated rebuttal accompanied by a personal insult is enough to tell me that you are angered by my statement. Anger is most often a product of an insecure personality.
I'm a local who visits more than you, possibly, so I agree with your overall assessment that there are noticeable cutbacks, even my once a year visiting family noticed this week on their trip. I just see no evidence they are going to slash the hours at the mini golf courses. They would have done so already if that were the case. They've been open for 12 hours daily since as long as I can remember. If I was a penny pincher in the cubicles, I would suggest these be the first places to have hours slashed. Why keep them open past sunset? Or even better past 5:00pm? Now the precedent is there with the h20 parks now being open only from 10am-5pm, mind you. But I just don't see this as a dire, anti-guest experience, move like you.

shernernum

I'm a local who visits more than you, possibly, so I agree with your overall assessment that there are noticeable cutbacks, even my once a year visiting family noticed this week on their trip. I just see no evidence they are going to slash the hours at the mini golf courses. They would have done so already if that were the case. They've been open for 12 hours daily since as long as I can remember. If I was a penny pincher in the cubicles, I would suggest these be the first places to have hours slashed. Why keep them open past sunset? Or even better past 5:00pm? Now the precedent is there with the h20 parks now being open only from 10am-5pm, mind you. But I just don't see this as a dire, anti-guest experience, move like you.
Also, I would think they already have enough information as to when the courses are busy and when they aren’t. I don’t think a reservation system will really change that.

Jenny72

We've waited for a while for the golf courses, but....geez. A reservation? I'd love to just do this spontaneously, rather than have to get online and book something. I am probably an anomaly because I have never had a smartphone and avoid this kind of stuff, but isn't there anything left where reservations aren't preferred? Of course I understand that I'm free to show up whenever, but you're at a disadvantage if you don't use it (i.e., you'll wait even longer). It's a small thing, but....just....a reservation for mini golf, really? I guess that's the way the world is now everywhere, sigh.

By the way, I think mini golf is crowded because it's included as a bonus in a lot of room/ticket packages. Otherwise I doubt they'd be so full. Kind of like the dining thing. Everything should be packed at all times.

FutureWorld1982

I just see no evidence they are going to slash the hours at the mini golf courses. They would have done so already if that were the case. They've been open for 12 hours daily since as long as I can remember.

They actually have already done that. Both Winter Summerland and Fantasia used to close at 11:00 p.m. until last summer. Both locations now close at 10:00 p.m. (Fairways now close at 9:00 p.m. instead of 10:30 p.m.). Cast Member hours were also cut last year.

HoldenC

They actually have already done that. Both Winter Summerland and Fantasia used to close at 11:00 p.m. until last summer. Both locations now close at 10:00 p.m. (Fairways now close at 9:00 p.m. instead of 10:30 p.m.). Cast Member hours were also cut last year.
Thank you for giving us facts and logic! I wasnt aware that operating hours were cut at the putt putt courses ☺

SamandplanningUK

IDON 't know about anyone else but we always end up playing mini golf when the parks have got too crowded/too hot or we've got some free time and its a last minute decision. I don't think we'd ever actually pre-book....

Rista1313

Sort of off topic... but plan on trying to make this "reservation" and never having done any of those courses, I'm wondering which people prefer, and why?

po1998

When will I be able to get a reservation for my resort food court, also, a reservation for the resort gift shop, and a reservation for the resort lobby bathrooms?

Spontaneity at WDW is dying a slow death. :(

Rista1313

Reservations are just an option, you can be spontaneous at anytime during your trip

I'm still trying to decided which one to go to...

Everyone on this thread seems to have an opinion on reservations, but not an opinion on which place they like best!

hauntology

I wonder if the amount of disney parks social media accounts that show the little "secrets" of WDW in particular because of its size/things to do across the hotels has made them want to make this more exclusive than it ever really was.

:( i've never even done either mini golf course.

The Mighty Tim

Sort of off topic... but plan on trying to make this "reservation" and never having done any of those courses, I'm wondering which people prefer, and why?

I've done all the courses in the past. The two Winter Summerland courses are almost identical; the difference being one is beach themed, the other is snow themed. As for Fantasia Gardens, that's quite a nice course and I think I prefer that one. But all the courses are pretty good.

I should point out though that the last time I went to Fantasia Gardens was quite some time ago, so it may have changed.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I definitely prefer the "easy" course at Fantasia Gardens. They have a difficult course there too that isn't as much fun IMO.

I did Winter/Summerland once and it was a bit more tacky feeling than Fantasia Gardens.

Rista1313

I definitely prefer the "easy" course at Fantasia Gardens. They have a difficult course there too that isn't as much fun IMO.

I did Winter/Summerland once and it was a bit more tacky feeling than Fantasia Gardens.

I thought Mini golf was suppose to be tacky? LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom