News Reservations now available for mini golf courses at Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens

HoldenC

This is awesome! Nothing I hated more than having to wait more than 10-15 mins to play putt-putt. Sucks you have to call though, I hate talking on the phone.

Tom P.

According to The Site That Shall Not Be Named, you can now reserve "tee times" ahead of time at both the Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland minature golf courses at Walt Disney World.

Okay, I get that WDW has basically forced you to plan *everything* in advance. But are the miniature golf courses really that crowded that reserved times are needed? We have only done miniature golf at WDW once, but when we did, it was not overly crowded and there was no wait to get started. I just can't imagine this is filling a legitimate need. But perhaps I'm wrong.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Heaven forbid they use that blessing of size to just add another mini golf course and actually make a profit to add to the bottom line vs saving money.

But I'm sure some executive wet their pants at the idea of spending money to create a reservation system to get data which will allow them to reduce staffing and cut the bottom line. More red tape for the guests, but just sell it as "enhancing the experience"!

peter11435

Heaven forbid they use that blessing of size to just add another mini golf course and actually make a profit to add to the bottom line vs saving money.

But I'm sure some executive wet their pants at the idea of spending money to create a reservation system to get data which will allow them to reduce staffing and cut the bottom line. More red tape for the guests, but just sell it as "enhancing the experience"!
What a ridiculous post

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
What a ridiculous post
Is it really though? Why make a reservation system? It's not for guest satisfaction. Disney is perfectly fine with guests waiting in line to play when it's busy. They make the same amount of money either way. Perhaps they'll make a few extra bucks when people reserve a tee time for a non busy part of the day. That would be the only profitable aspect of this; getting people to reserve a tee time for the slower parts of the day.

The need for a reservation system dictates that there is demand for this. Why not build an additional mini golf course if it were truly to enhance the guest experience , which you know that's what they will sell this reservation system as if asked by a guest. They've probly already got Stacey there to film a new segment of the "must dos". "Now you can book your mini golf experience in advance so your family plays how they want, and when they want!" Queue the "never had a friend like me" instrumental.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom