All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Phroobar

It took Disney five years to build Tron. Two years for this doesn't sound too bad.

Magic Mountain would build it in six months.

D.Silentu

Magic Mountain would build it in six months.
I believe that's why I find the timeframe of this delay so shocking. For all appearances the site preparation looked finished and it wasn't hard to imagine construction being completed by year's end. I suppose my biggest hope is that this delay doesn't push back any other future plans Universal Hollywood may have.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I believe that's why I find the timeframe of this delay so shocking. For all appearances the site preparation looked finished and it wasn't hard to imagine construction being completed by year's end. I suppose my biggest hope is that this delay doesn't push back any other future plans Universal Hollywood may have.
The next thing I could have seen USH tackle after F&F would have been a replacement for the Simpsons as the contract on that is up in 2028. Considering how Simpsons is built on top of a hill, I wonder if they would run into foundation issues with that as they would more than likely have to tear down the building.

Phroobar

The next thing I could have seen USH tackle after F&F would have been a replacement for the Simpsons as the contract on that is up in 2028. Considering how Simpsons is built on top of a hill, I wonder if they would run into foundation issues with that as they would more than likely have to tear down the building.
I'd like to see a ride based on the classic Universal Monsters with Springfield becoming a village seen in those movies. Maybe a small version of what Epic Universe is getting.

Rich T

I'd like to see a ride based on the classic Universal Monsters with Springfield becoming a village seen in those movies. Maybe a small version of what Epic Universe is getting.
I vote for a Pokémon land as being a great family-friendly option, but I also like this idea. Considering this park’s heritage, I think it’s very important to give the Universal Monsters a land in the next few years at the very site where they were created.

Professortango1

I vote for a Pokémon land as being a great family-friendly option, but I also like this idea. Considering this park’s heritage, I think it’s very important to give the Universal Monsters a land in the next few years at the very site where they were created.
What would Pokemon Land even entail? The IP fairly limited considering it's about capturing animals and training them to fight in dog fights. Doesn't really sound like a ton of ride or experience possibilities.

Phroobar

What would Pokemon Land even entail? The IP fairly limited considering it's about capturing animals and training them to fight in dog fights. Doesn't really sound like a ton of ride or experience possibilities.
Look at the world building in Detective Pikachu. It could make for a cool dark ride. I hear there is a sequel coming .

TragicMike

Pokémon Centers and Gyms. Just take one of the towns from the Kanto region.

Pokémon is the largest grossing media franchise in the world. Over Marvel, Star Wars, Mario, Mickey Mouse, Disney Princesses, Harry Potter, etc. It would be a slam dunk.

Professortango1

Pokémon Centers and Gyms. Just take one of the towns from the Kanto region.

Pokémon is the largest grossing media franchise in the world. Over Marvel, Star Wars, Mario, Mickey Mouse, Disney Princesses, Harry Potter, etc. It would be a slam dunk.
I understand it's popular. It was designed to be. What I do t understand is what a land would entail other than hunting for monsters to capture or watching the animals fight each other in arenas.

The simplicity of the world is why it is so popular. It's just Clash Royale where people collect different cards, upgrade them, and fight other players. A fun game to play, but not exactly a world that lends itself to multiple attractions.

Touchdown

-Pokémon Snap slow moving dark ride with animatronic Pokemon
-Sword/Shield style Gym Battles in an arena (animatronic and special effect show)
-Pokemon Cafe
-Meet and Greets

Last edited:

TragicMike

I understand it's popular. It was designed to be. What I do t understand is what a land would entail other than hunting for monsters to capture or watching the animals fight each other in arenas.

The simplicity of the world is why it is so popular. It's just Clash Royale where people collect different cards, upgrade them, and fight other players. A fun game to play, but not exactly a world that lends itself to multiple attractions.
The popularity is due to the characters and creatures. Nostalgia obviously helps but Disney takes advantage of that as well.

Kanto and Johto take inspiration from real world Kanto and Kansai which could produce a Japanese inspired town, not too different from how Bavarian influence was used in Fantasyland.

As another user suggested, you can create an attraction based off Pokémon Snap where you go through “wildlife” taking pictures of wild Pokémon. Or a Pokémon Go inspired ride where capture wild Pokémon and fight a gym leader at the end of the attraction, using technology similar to Mario Kart. Or just hop on a Lapras and take a slow water dark ride through caves, mountains, forests, desert, and sea to observe Pokemon native to each biome and fill your Pokédex.

It would be a ridiculously IP to adapt to a theme park.

malice

Nah, I feel the medieval aesthetic would be repetitive with Hogsmeade just around the corner

mickEblu

Nah, I feel the medieval aesthetic would be repetitive with Hogsmeade just around the corner

That’s a good point and considering they can only put a simulator there anyway I’d rather they save Monsters for an area in the park where they can build something more ambitious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom