News Woody's Roundup ticketed event coming to the Contemporary Resort this summer

Indy_UK

Would make total sense if it was over by the campgrounds. Add a couple of ultra rare TS characters and you can justify this price tag.

I can’t figure out why Disney don’t see the obvious sometimes if they want to milk these upcharge events

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Would make total sense if it was over by the campgrounds. Add a couple of ultra rare TS characters and you can justify this price tag.

I can’t figure out why Disney don’t see the obvious sometimes if they want to milk these upcharge events
Does the phrase "bare minimum" mean anything to you?

Kman101

How is this event already sold out??? Wow!!

Because people want to be "special" so they buy into this stuff. Not shaming anyone for purchasing it, I don't do that, but this just causes them to continue doing random things like this knowing guests will basically just throw their money at them ... (and before anyone defends themselves, they don't have to; I get it, we all have our weaknesses ... mine happen to be silly popcorn buckets and sippers ... TAKE MY MONEY DISNEY! I get it ...) I guess it's unique for some but it seems so silly to talk about a Roundup in the Contemporary, but hey, more power to them for doing this because people clearly just throw their money at them.

olie64

Because people want to be "special" so they buy into this stuff. Not shaming anyone for purchasing it, I don't do that, but this just causes them to continue doing random things like this knowing guests will basically just throw their money at them ... (and before anyone defends themselves, they don't have to; I get it, we all have our weaknesses ... mine happen to be silly popcorn buckets and sippers ... TAKE MY MONEY DISNEY! I get it ...) I guess it's unique for some but it seems so silly to talk about a Roundup in the Contemporary, but hey, more power to them for doing this because people clearly just throw their money at them.

Disney know most of us will just keep throwing money at them...that why the prices always increase. And they seem to have a new color of the year they are always pushing.

edit: If I lived closer Im sure i would have more popcorn buckets as well.

Kman101

Disney know most of us will just keep throwing money at them...that why the prices always increase. And they seem to have a new color of the year they are always pushing.

Yep.

And they come so swiftly after each other.

Rose Gold!
Millenial Pink!
Purple Potion!
Violet Lemonade!
Dapper Yellow!
Briar Rose Gold! (not just Rose Gold but BRIAR Rose Gold ;) )

But again, no judgement because I throw some of my money away on random "stupid" to some stuff ... LOL

olie64

Yep.

Rose Gold!
Millenial Pink!
Purple Potion!
Violet Lemonade!
Dapper Yellow!

But again, no judgement because I throw some of my money away on random "stupid" to some stuff ... LOL

I know this summer there a possibility my wife may be buying a lot of those things. so much so, for Christmas and birthday we got here gift cards just for her for these things haha.

The fact we (a collect group) go to Disney more than once would probably fall into spending money of "stupid" stuff to some.

Kman101

I know this summer there a possibility my wife may be buying a lot of those things. so much so, for Christmas and birthday we got here gift cards just for her for these things haha.

The fact we (a collect group) go to Disney more than once would probably fall into spending money of "stupid" stuff to some.

I usually wait for shirts to hit the Character Warehouse to save about 20-30 bucks ... lol. I like the popcorn buckets and sippers because I find them to be cheap enough and unique. I also have a very bad growing coffee mug and tumbler problem ... I also think they're missing the boat not offering a better selection of mens shirts ... but we digress ... lol

olie64

I usually wait for shirts to hit the Character Warehouse to save about 20-30 bucks ... lol. I like the popcorn buckets and sippers because I find them to be cheap enough and unique. I also have a very bad growing coffee mug and tumbler problem ... I also think they're missing the boat not offering a better selection of mens shirts ... but we digress ... lol

No joke on the mens shirts...Yeah I on a current no buying on new coffee mugs..Some of mine now have a jealous problem. Where is the character warehouse, is it in Orlando? We are going to have more time this summer and might check it out.

Kman101

No joke on the mens shirts...Yeah I on a current no buying on new coffee mugs..Some of mine now have a jealous problem. Where is the character warehouse, is it in Orlando? We are going to have more time this summer and might check it out.

I'll send you a private message, don't want to derail the thread further with long winded directions and addresses, LOL. There are two outlets in Orlando (and one in Sunrise FL at Sawgrass, I haven't been to that one yet). To keep it simple, there's one on Vineland Road (8200 Vineland Road), literally right near Disney Springs and then there's one on International Drive (4951 International Drive), literally across the street from Universal Studios. They both mostly sell the same stuff. I've found more sizes in shirts and a slightly more stocked collection at International Drive. But I find Vineland more enjoyable. But if you can swing it, it's worth it, depending. Parking is also rough at both places (meaning depending on time of day, it's really really busy).

eliza61nyc

Do you get enjoyment out of the money you spend? What is the purpose of working for money?

olie64

Do you get enjoyment out of the money you spend? What is the purpose of working for money?

Depends what I am spending it on.. Medical Bills no etc.

Oo yeah I love taking my family to Disney. And that why I save the money I make to go, granted it not a life or death. We still do other things.

Your second point... to pay taxes ;).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yep.

Rose Gold!
Millenial Pink!
Purple Potion!
Violet Lemonade!
Dapper Yellow!

Disney's depleting our national reserve of synonyms for 'pink'!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom