News On-ride PhotoPass comes to the Haunted Mansion

The Hatbox Ghost

From what I’ve seen here I like this, I think it’s a good addition. However I’m still waiting for the actual Hatbox Ghost to make his appearance in the attic at WDW (same effect they have in DL). Maybe this is a step in that direction?

LittleBuford

From what I’ve seen here I like this, I think it’s a good addition. However I’m still waiting for the actual Hatbox Ghost to make his appearance in the attic at WDW (same effect they have in DL). Maybe this is a step in that direction?

Not to offend you (I can see you're a fan!), but I really don't get the obsession with the Hatbox Ghost. I'm glad Disneyland has him, but it's not like the Magic Kingdom version is lacking anything because of his absence.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The resultant picture doesn't even indicate that it was taken inside the Mansion - as opposed to the pictures taken during the drop at Splash Mountain.

TDO could have put an empty Doom Buggy on the outside property of the Mansion, have park guests sit in it and have a picture taken, and then added the cartoon ghosts into the picture afterward, and they would have achieved the exact same effect. What a waste of money putting a camera into the portrait gallery. TDO does it again!

But that would entail voluntary guest participation (and probably CM interaction), and we all know how Disney doesn't like guests thinking while on vacation. Better to have things done automatically, so the guest doesn't have to think about it, like paying for things with Magic Bands. Oops, did I say that out loud? That wasn't supposed to be a secret, was it? ;)

Kman101

The hitchhiking ghost sequence has lighting that illuminates the riders already. No need for a distracting flash and it's a way more logical place to capture reactions. Bonus points for the riders actually being able to see themselves. So much facepalm with putting the photo at the beginning of the ride.

Fair point. I just see the irony in placing an on-ride photo in the flashing photos section. It makes sense to me. I get what you're saying though. It does seem, overall, an odd spot.

It appears to have destroyed the changing pictures... I liked it the way it was.

But it is in keeping with the NEW "Disney Way"... monetizing just about everything.
Me too, it looked better all the way back in November like it was since 2007. But the new portraits were growing on me, but the new flash and the drapes around medusa seemed to have doubled in length and almost drag on the floor to hide the camera just looks like crap. I really hope it changes someday, but i doubt that greatly.

DomVF07

Since it's one of my favourite attractions, and since I know at what point the picture is taken, I would make a silly faux-frightened expression and would enjoy looking back on the result. I know not everyone would be into this, but I'm kind of surprised that you and others find it so puzzling that there are people who'd like to have a picture of themselves on an iconic ride.
This👆
Reading up on this prior to our trip 2 weeks ago I knew exactly where the photo would be. So we cheesed it up and enjoyed every minute of it. Because after all, who cares!? It's Disney. Live in the moment when you can and digress later. Also to note we barely noticed the flash though we were fully expecting it as well.......

LittleBuford

This👆
Reading up on this prior to our trip 2 weeks ago I knew exactly where the photo would be. So we cheesed it up and enjoyed every minute of it. Because after all, who cares!? It's Disney. Live in the moment when you can and digress later. Also to note we barely noticed the flash though we were fully expecting it as well.......

May we see the picture? 👻

DomVF07

May we see the picture? 👻
But of course!
02B8909F-C5CC-4C98-A05F-3D83C52C7768.jpeg

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
The resultant picture doesn't even indicate that it was taken inside the Mansion - as opposed to the pictures taken during the drop at Splash Mountain.

TDO could have put an empty Doom Buggy on the outside property of the Mansion, have park guests sit in it and have a picture taken, and then added the cartoon ghosts into the picture afterward, and they would have achieved the exact same effect. What a waste of money putting a camera into the portrait gallery. TDO does it again!

It’s a glorified photo booth. Disney could at least give us a countdown prior to the flash and an arrow pointing where to look.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
This👆
Well, that's very pecksnuffian of you...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom