News Walk Around the World Bricks to be removed around the Magic Kingdom and TTC

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Gosh, it's almost like they didn't even have to offer this and could have just removed the bricks without giving the owners something that was never promised when they bought them in the first place... :rolleyes:

It has nothing to do with "giving the owners something that was never promised in the first place". No one expected to get their brick some day (and if they did, shame on them). There was money to be made, that's the only reason the commemorative tiles are being offered.

tmstephe

My parents bought a paver for our family in 1994 and I’d like to get a replica for them. My email from Guest Services said the commemorative bricks would be available on the Shop Disney website in “late April”. Does anyone know if they are up yet, and where? I can’t find them. Thanks.

MaryJaneP

"giving" translates to "charge an additional fee on top of what was already paid" and "something" translates to "a plastic sticker place on a cheap brick imitation". Not exactly magic feeling.

bjlc57

i just hope that with the removal of the bricks .. they make the distance to the buses closer...I stay at Pop..and we are ALWAYS the furthest away . no matter what park.. Pop is always at the end of the universe.. in fact most times because of the trams, its closer to drive a car.. .

bjlc57

in fact there are times that I feel that I am being punished for not being able stay at bigger hotel.. so you have to walk much further at the end of the night when you are dragging..here.. your bus, is OUT THERE.. close to the Orlando airport..

trainplane3

My parents bought a paver for our family in 1994 and I’d like to get a replica for them. My email from Guest Services said the commemorative bricks would be available on the Shop Disney website in “late April”. Does anyone know if they are up yet, and where? I can’t find them. Thanks.
2 minutes on the site and...
https://www.shopdisney.com/search?query=paver
https://www.shopdisney.com/commemorative-legacy-paver-6-personalized-1516620
https://www.shopdisney.com/commemorative-legacy-paver-8-personalized-1516627
https://www.shopdisney.com/commemorative-legacy-paver-ornament-personalized-1516634

But you might want to reach but out to GS and get a discount code since your family already has one.

* Please note: The 6'' Commemorative Legacy Paver is eligible for the Disney's Walk Around the World retirement program. Following the removal of the original bricks from Disney's Walk Around the World at Magic Kingdom Park, Guests who had previously purchased one of the personalized bricks are now entitled to a discount when purchasing a 6'' Commemorative Legacy Paver. Guests who believe they qualify for this program should email Walt Disney World Guest Services at guest.services@disneyworld.com or call 407-828-2701 with the name and hometown of the Guest who sponsored the brick (Please note: shopDisney Guest Services team are not responsible for this program).

ToTBellHop

in fact there are times that I feel that I am being punished for not being able stay at bigger hotel.. so you have to walk much further at the end of the night when you are dragging..here.. your bus, is OUT THERE.. close to the Orlando airport..
Removing bricks won’t move the bus stops. It’s not the size of the resort that usually puts mods and deluxes closer to the entrance, but room rates aren’t the only factor either. Grand Floridian isn’t always closest.

Touchdown

I stay at Pop..and we are ALWAYS the furthest away . no matter what park.. Pop is always at the end of the universe.. in fact most times because of the trams

While I think it is a mistake to make any onsite guest walk further then an offsite guest, I don’t think it’s a mistake to make value resorts walk further then deluxe guests. It incentives people to upgrade. However, have no fear once skyline opens you’ll have the shortest walk to DHS and Epcot’s International Gate. I suspect this will lead to higher rates at Pop.

peter11435

So wait a second.... Guests bought customized bricks, they paid money for those bricks.
Disney is getting rid of those bricks now.
And you can BUY a souvenir brick if you want a copy of your brick.

So you spent money on your brick....and they are getting rid of the brick....but you have to pay more money for a fake version of your brick.
If they are taking up the original bricks...why don't they just give them to the guests who purchased them?
I'm sure the guests will pay shipping to get them back so "money grab" Disney can make some money off of the shipping & handling charges.

🙄
No guests purchased bricks; they purchased the ability to have their name displayed on Disney’s brick for a specified period of time. That time as now long past.

tmstephe

2 minutes on the site and...
https://www.shopdisney.com/search?query=paver
https://www.shopdisney.com/commemorative-legacy-paver-6-personalized-1516620
https://www.shopdisney.com/commemorative-legacy-paver-8-personalized-1516627
https://www.shopdisney.com/commemorative-legacy-paver-ornament-personalized-1516634

But you might want to reach but out to GS and get a discount code since your family already has one.

* Please note: The 6'' Commemorative Legacy Paver is eligible for the Disney's Walk Around the World retirement program. Following the removal of the original bricks from Disney's Walk Around the World at Magic Kingdom Park, Guests who had previously purchased one of the personalized bricks are now entitled to a discount when purchasing a 6'' Commemorative Legacy Paver. Guests who believe they qualify for this program should email Walt Disney World Guest Services at guest.services@disneyworld.com or call 407-828-2701 with the name and hometown of the Guest who sponsored the brick (Please note: shopDisney Guest Services team are not responsible for this program).

I had previously searched the site for “paver”, “brick”, and “walk around the world” to no avail. Thanks for the assist!

bjlc57

Then they should give the people a free replica brick as a thank you since the people paid so much money for their bricks in the first place.
see.. you don't under stand .. YOU ALREADY PAID DISNEY FOR THE BRICK.. and Disney is close to being broke SO YOU NEED TO PAY FOR IT AGAIN.. because fool you once shame on YOU.. but you can't expect Disney to Fool you twice.. YOU NEED THIS COMMORATIVE.. and you paid dearly for it once.. and Disney is going toward the poor farm.. So you need to pay again.. can't you understand..? You NEED TO BE FOOLED TWICE.. so you get the full effect and Disney can afford to keep the lights on and so forth and so on...

bjlc57

see.. you don't under stand .. YOU ALREADY PAID DISNEY FOR THE BRICK.. and Disney is close to being broke SO YOU NEED TO PAY FOR IT AGAIN.. because fool you once shame on YOU.. but you can't expect Disney to Fool you twice.. YOU NEED THIS COMMORATIVE.. and you paid dearly for it once.. and Disney is going toward the poor farm.. So you need to pay again.. can't you understand..? You NEED TO BE FOOLED TWICE.. so you get the full effect and Disney can afford to keep the lights on and so forth and so on...
Do you Expect that Disney is going to stay in Business just because of some little thing like a Marvel Movie? Those don't hardly make any money or any profit.. aren't you watching the news this weekend.. DO YOU think that DISNEY.. Poor Disney is MAKING MONEY THIS WEEKEND.. oh come on.. think again.. soon they will be selling pencils in the subway.. hoping to make it through to the weekend...

shernernum

Of all the things (financially) to get bent out of shape with Disney over, this has got to be one of the dumbest. The bricks were contracted, the contract is long since over. Disney has decided to change the walkways. They don't owe anybody anything, and they aren't twisting anyone's arm to buy the commemorative bricks. The only thing I would even be remotely irritated at is if the take home ones are truly "cheap." But, if that is the case, then the responsibility of the fan community is the get the word out that the product is low quality...buyer beware, and hope the sales then tank and Disney learns a lesson (unfortunately it will probably never happen and pixie dusters are always gonna pixie dust).

Seriously though, getting outraged over this kind of stuff is an example of why no one takes the fan community seriously when they get upset over legitimate issues. If those in charge can write off the segment of the fan community that actually cares as "chronic" complainers who will gripe over everything (which many will do), then they can justify ignoring the legitimate complaints.

Movielover

Of all the things (financially) to get bent out of shape with Disney over, this has got to be one of the dumbest. The bricks were contracted, the contract is long since over. Disney has decided to change the walkways. They don't owe anybody anything, and they aren't twisting anyone's arm to buy the commemorative bricks. The only thing I would even be remotely irritated at is if the take home ones are truly "cheap." But, if that is the case, then the responsibility of the fan community is the get the word out that the product is low quality...buyer beware, and hope the sales then tank and Disney learns a lesson (unfortunately it will probably never happen and pixie dusters are always gonna pixie dust).

Seriously though, getting outraged over this kind of stuff is an example of why no one takes the fan community seriously when they get upset over legitimate issues. If those in charge can write off the segment of the fan community that actually cares as "chronic" complainers who will gripe over everything (which many will do), then they can justify ignoring the legitimate complaints.
giphy.gif

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
The bricks were basically Leave a Legacy 1.0. Well meaning but ultimately ugly and in the way.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom