More offsite hotels to offer Extra Magic Hours and extended FastPass+ booking window

Indy_UK

So is there a list anywhere of all the hotels which are usually 3rd party but now include the on-site benefits?

Can you also add things like dining plan?

flynnibus

Premium Member
That is just a story passed on by people who don't know the truth. The fact is that most of what he did with his stock and the separate company WED was illegal. He did leave a great company but those here who give him unlimited credit are severely mislead
what you paint as a selfish man vs charitable is a twisted tangent. Yes the man setup deals to enrich his family (like the name licensing deal) - but this is after decades of sacrifice and rolling back into the business. Basically as the business finally blossomed and he had a family and legacy to consider, he made sure he was getting his share. The other stuff like the other businesses was more about control not greed. The mantras he pushed in how they priced Disney product speaks for itself and really can't be tainted by how Walt was structuring assets behind the scenes.

By the 60s after Disney transitioned into live action, away from the shorts, and had DL cooking... Disney could have started charging whatever they wanted.. like they do now.. but they didn't. They also still continued to invest like mad into the company vs just take all the gains as profits for the fat cats. The thiftness in pricing continued well into the 80s... which is why Eisner and others felt the properties were way under monetized and immediately started initiatives to change that.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What is your basis for saying most of what Walt did was illegal?

The way they moved assets, cross billed, and cut deals between the entities was classic Mad Men backoffice stuff... that would never pass more modern transparency and ethical checks. It's why the company was sued over it to expose the preferred handlings that were favoring Disney himself vs WDP as it should as a public company...

It's not really contentious at all that the deals made were not biased nor that they were not purely sound from an accounting point of view... but it wasn't so much criminal as it was 'lack of oversight' and true objectivity. The dealings were shady... and WDP eventually cleaned it all up by consolidating and wiping out the arrangements.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So is there a list anywhere of all the hotels which are usually 3rd party but now include the on-site benefits?

Can you also add things like dining plan?

These hotels plus the two new ones listed in the top post of this thread...

Tavernacle12

If this causes people to book off site more, wouldn’t that incentivise Disney to lower hotel prices or offer additional perks to lure people back?

JoeCamel

I am surprised I haven't seen this here yet. Disney is letting Sam's Club sell discounted tickets WITH FP's!
You understand all tickets have fast passes?
The rates are more than from Disney so I wouldn't say they are discounted either?

DisneyJoe

If this causes people to book off site more, wouldn’t that incentivise Disney to lower hotel prices or offer additional perks to lure people back?
ONLY IF enough leave property and book offsite to hurt onsite bookings - it won't..

As it is presented to travel agents, they decided to do this (initially in 2018) due to the construction at CBR and CSR and how that was hurting bookings at those resorts and they saw this as an option for us to book our clients somewhere with the same benefits as onsite (EMH and 60-day FP+).

We'll need to see if this continues once the CBR/CSR and Skyliner construction has ceased.

drizgirl

I am surprised I haven't seen this here yet. Disney is letting Sam's Club sell discounted tickets WITH FP's!
You understand all tickets have fast passes?
The rates are more than from Disney so I wouldn't say they are discounted either?
Do the DLR tickets perhaps have MaxPass included?

ThatMouse

These offsite hotels advertise as a "$150" hotel but end up being over $250 a night when you add in resort fee and parking. Moderates now seem to be stuck forever in the same price range which is sad.

Kman101

ONLY IF enough leave property and book offsite to hurt onsite bookings - it won't..

As it is presented to travel agents, they decided to do this (initially in 2018) due to the construction at CBR and CSR and how that was hurting bookings at those resorts and they saw this as an option for us to book our clients somewhere with the same benefits as onsite (EMH and 60-day FP+).

We'll need to see if this continues once the CBR/CSR and Skyliner construction has ceased.

To be fair, the Disney Springs hotels are "onsite" ;) but I know what you were meaning. To me, while not 'owned' by Disney, should very much be included in the same offerings as the other resort hotels on property. JMO.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
To be fair, the Disney Springs hotels are "onsite" ;) but I know what you were meaning. To me, while not 'owned' by Disney, should very much be included in the same offerings as the other resort hotels on property. JMO.
Only if the owners/management want to kick in for the privilege.

matt9112

These offsite hotels advertise as a "$150" hotel but end up being over $250 a night when you add in resort fee and parking. Moderates now seem to be stuck forever in the same price range which is sad.

i was going to chime in they used to be sub 100 sometimes with deals (plus fees on top) but lately there no cheaper than pop etc. hell my moderate rate i locked in is maybe 20 bucks more ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom