News Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage closing for refurbishment later this month

Flynnwriter

That's harsh and completely false. The people performing are trained professionals and work very hard to provide an enjoyable show to all ages that attend. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but neither is any other ride or attraction. I think it's good to offer different levels of entertainment. B&B is a stage show in the classic form.
The concept and production of the show is tired, awkward and dated. I said NOTHING about the talented performers. Also, why do so many fans here jump on anyone critical of Disney. Disney only strives to be better when the audience demands quality and world class.

JohnD

The concept and production of the show is tired, awkward and dated. I said NOTHING about the talented performers. Also, why do so many fans here jump on anyone critical of Disney. Disney only strives to be better when the audience demands quality and world class.

One can say the Up Bird Show is a completely flop without faulting the performers who were given a sub-Standard script.

Magenta Panther

I agree. The phrase "this is why we can't have nice things" comes to mind.

I saw the B&B show about 6 years ago and it was looking mighty shabby then. And the story wasn't well-told IMO. I hope WDW is putting some real money into this refurb. And maybe punching up the script a little...

MaryJaneP

We like it. It is not Othello and we don't think it should be. We enjoy seated live entertainment of a simple script for a well-known story and we appreciate the effort put forth by the performers. Be careful what you ask for, as it may shutter a show and there is not telling if, when, and what quality the show you are pulling for that would replace it. You want a new show, do it elsewhere in our humble opinion.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That's harsh and completely false. The people performing are trained professionals and work very hard to provide an enjoyable show to all ages that attend. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but neither is any other ride or attraction. I think it's good to offer different levels of entertainment. B&B is a stage show in the classic form.
A show can still be amateur despite the talent of the performers. Another amateur show is Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

I'd like to point out, though... That the actors for Nemo and Lion King do tend to be better performers, which doesn't help Mermaid and Beast. Last time I saw Beast, the actress playing Belle did not enunciate anything. Oof it was bad. But the show itself? Yea it could drastically be improved. It is amateur. How do I know this? You can literally compare it to the quality of the Broadway show, or even the new Disney Cruise Line show.

The quality of Festival of the Lion King can easily be compared to theatrical elements from the original Broadway show and actually live up to it. It is well executed.

Compare Beast to other successful Disney park shows. Disneyland: Aladdin and Frozen. Disney Cruise Line: Heck even Toy Story the Musical is dang good in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom