Guest injured on Typhoon Lagoon Attraction

Jon81uk

Maybe they remembered why they used to let guests walk up stairs while transporting only the tubes on a conveyer belt.

It's a shame, for me the one redeeming factor of this lame ride is not having to haul up 6 million flights of stairs.

There are plenty of rides where you do ride up the conveyor at other parks. Cypress Gardens used to have one (Storm Surge) before the park was converted to Legoland and the ride is now at Thorpe Park in England.
8731ebfa1db31422347cb9df7d39c207.jpg

TwilightZone

There are plenty of rides where you do ride up the conveyor at other parks. Cypress Gardens used to have one (Storm Surge) before the park was converted to Legoland and the ride is now at Thorpe Park in England.
8731ebfa1db31422347cb9df7d39c207.jpg
Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but it seems like Miss Adventure Falls' conveyor belt is wider than this one. I could be wrong though!

Jon81uk

Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but it seems like Miss Adventure Falls' conveyor belt is wider than this one. I could be wrong though!

Yes I think you are right the conveyor does look wider.
Also of course Storm Surge is a theme park water ride, so the walls of the rafts are built higher with a "seat" ring inside. The waterpark ride you are sat on the floor of the raft with lower walls so its easier to get an arm outside as well.

twilight mitsuk

S
Yes I think you are right the conveyor does look wider.
Also of course Storm Surge is a theme park water ride, so the walls of the rafts are built higher with a "seat" ring inside. The waterpark ride you are sat on the floor of the raft with lower walls so its easier to get an arm outside as well.
similar to kali

Jon81uk

S

similar to kali

No, completely different. Kali and most theme park rapids rides use solid fibreglass seats on a rubber ring, Storm Surge has inflatable rafts.
Kali and most rapids use wooden slats as a coveyor to lift the raft up the hill, storm surge and Miss Adventure use conveyor belts.
Storm Surge and Miss Adventure falls has the inflatable rafts ride down fibreglass troughs. Kali has concrete channels for rafts to float down.

Storm Surge is similar to Miss Adventure Falls but made for clothed guests.
Kali and all rapids rides like that (Blutos Barges etc) are an entirely different type of ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom