Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MarvelCharacterNerd

Looks at headline.

"May"

Bob Iger:
1726536018587.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

DCBaker

Premium Member
Paid Sharing on Disney+ is now available in the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.

Find pricing and more details at the link below.

easyrowrdw

I've been a D+ and even a Hulu subscriber since launch. But this new price hike is it for me. Once 2025 hits, I plan to cut both.
Hulu has offered a Black Friday special for the last few years. I think last year it was $1 per month for 12 months. You don't need to be a new subscriber either. We swap the account back and forth from one spouse to the other from one year to the next.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Indy_UK

So between the hefty price hikes, account sharing clampdown, full ownership of Hulu and cutbacks in staff and productions, they are surely going to be into healthy profit at the next quarterly results?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
So between the hefty price hikes, account sharing clampdown, full ownership of Hulu and cutbacks in staff and productions, they are surely going to be into healthy profit at the next quarterly results?
Yes, that's the trend line and what their own internal spreadsheets told them half a year ago.

Now... define *healthy* profits. Because I can imagine that no matter how big the profit margin is, there will be some who will set the bar very high just so they can ding Disney. It's a great way to call "profiting" as "failure!" because they didn't profit enough to some vague, undefined standard.

Also, clamping down on sharing hasn't been in full force the past quarter, so, it's effects won't be realized until 4 months from now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom