News Operating hours of various Animal Kingdom attractions being reduced

MaximumEd

Yep.

Why not just close the park at 6 again? I've given them leeway on certain things closing earlier than the park but I'd be angry if I was a visiting guest from out of state and was met with all this.

I’ll be visiting from out of state next week. Not too happy about being met with all the new cuts.

doctornick

If they are going to cut back on stuff at DAK, wouldn't it be nice if they could just close Everest for a while (save the operation cost) and actually I dunno fix the Yeti?

(Yeah, I know, that doesn't save money, so defeats the point.)

TP2000

That rubs it in quite nicely.

Blatant cuts, blatant nickel & diming.

Agreed. And just to put the last nail in the coffin of the whole "They close Kali early because it's colder in the fall... Brrr!!!" excuse, here are the inconvenient truths from this October evening....

At 4:30pm Pacific Time, I checked my iPhone for the temperature in Orlando at 7:30pm Eastern Time, and jotted it down for this post.

At 7:30pm Eastern Time today in Orlando it was:

85 Degrees, 65% Humidity, RealFeel Temperature of 92 Degrees

Now at 7:30pm Pacific Time today in Anaheim it is:

71 Degrees, 17% Humdity, RealFeel Temperature of 70 Degrees

For those of us who visit both coasts regularly, there's a noticeable nip in the air in Anaheim when it's extremely dry as it always is in the fall, compared to the more humid climate of fall in Orlando.

This evening, a random Tuesday in mid October, Disney California Adventure is open until 10:00pm. Currently at 7:30pm Pacific Time per the Disneyland App, Grizzly River Run has a 5 Minute Wait, with Fastpasses available immediately for a 7:35pm to 8:35pm boarding window. And within a 5 minute walk from Grizzly in DCA tonight, Soarin' has a 45 minute wait with no Fastpasses available, The Little Mermaid has a 10 minute wait (no Fastpass at the DCA version), Radiator Springs Racers is 70 minutes, Incredicoaster is 35 minutes, Guardians of the Galaxy is 80 minutes, etc., etc.

The point? The same theme park company that is now shutting down Kali River Rapids at 7:30pm in Orlando is keeping the similar, yet longer and wetter, Grizzly River Run open until 10:00pm even though it's a total walk-on in a chillier Anaheim theme park that has twice as many rides as a warmer Animal Kingdom that closes two hours earlier, and even though Grizzly River Run is in a theme park that allegedly has 3 Million less annual attendance and allegedly only caters to casual SoCal locals instead of hardcore International tourists.

Why would that be exactly??? o_O

Last edited:

eddie104

Agreed. And just to put the last nail in the coffin of the whole "They close Kali early because it's colder in the fall... Brrr!!!" excuse, here are the inconvenient truths from this October evening....

At 4:30pm Pacific Time, I checked my iPhone for the temperature in Orlando at 7:30pm Eastern Time, and jotted it down for this post.

For those of us who visit both coasts regularly, there's a noticeable nip in the air in Anaheim when it's extremely dry as it always is in the fall, compared to the more humid climate of fall in Orlando.

This evening, a random Tuesday in mid October, Disney California Adventure is open until 10:00pm. Currently at 7:30pm Pacific Time per the Disneyland App, Grizzly River Run has a 5 Minute Wait, with Fastpasses available immediately for a 7:35pm to 8:35pm boarding window. And within a 5 minute walk from Grizzly in DCA tonight, Soarin' has a 45 minute wait with no Fastpasses available, The Little Mermaid has a 10 minute wait (no Fastpass at the DCA version), Radiator Springs Racers is 70 minutes, Incredicoaster is 35 minutes, Guardians of the Galaxy is 80 minutes, etc., etc.

The point? The same theme park company that is now shutting down Kali River Rapids at 7:30pm in Orlando is keeping the similar, yet longer and wetter, Grizzly River Run open until 10:00pm even though it's a total walk-on in a chillier Anaheim theme park that has twice as many rides as a warmer Animal Kingdom that closes two hours earlier, and even though Grizzly River Run is in a theme park that allegedly has 3 Million less annual attendance and allegedly only caters to casual SoCal locals instead of hardcore International tourists.

So your saying they should cut DCA operating hours as well or....I really don't get this random post.

Ripken10

While you make some facts here, you aren't comparing apples to apples. Disneyland has more locals then Disney world. Many who travel to Disney World in the fall and winter time frame, don't pack swimming suits, even with the temps being warmer than other areas of the country. It's just natural that less people will be "prepared" for these type rides and less interested. I am taking a trip this December, and while I enjoy Kali, it isn't in my plans as a must do this trip. My mind tells me that this trip isn't for water rides.

Again, you make good points, but I don't think this is as bad as you make it out to be. IMO of course

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom