News 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts

Figment82

Amos! So cute! I missed these when we were there yesterday, but it was so insanely crowded, it was hard to see much of anything...

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm constantly surprised how little chatter and excitement there is for free Animation Academy during the Arts Festival when so many lamented its loss at DHS.
Heather Theurer did a great lecture on Sunday. She does beautiful work.
The Animation Academy is free to the first 72 guest - free of charge :) Sunday it started at 3:30 and was running every half hour till 8:00

JohnD

A lot of this stuff was over my head. I'm not an artist. Still, as an average guy observing it, I think it works. Fancy chalk art. Complex paint by numbers wall. All the artist booths. I really don't know one artist from the other but I can still browse, find something I like, and purchase a print. (I didn't. Saving money).

It turns out I didn't need to do the dining package on Sunday. People bailed because of the cold weather. LOL. OTOH, they allowed me to pick the front or second row.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, I really, really love what they're doing with the Arts Festival.

The Broadway show was great. I had Heidi Blickenstaff & Gavin Lee. They did a fantastic job of 'selling' the connection of Disney with Musicals including the Disney channel movies (High School Musical and Freaky Friday). A half hour show so enjoyable. It's nice they're doing three shows an evening every day and alternating talent within the week. Although, I'm gonna have to write WDW and complain about their overuse of backlighting the performers which puts spotlights right into the audience's eyes...

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Gavin and Heidi were amazing. It was so much fun to see Gavin perform again (I saw him a few times on broadway and on the national tour) and Heidi was just awesome. I went to all of their shows when I was in town (6 total).

As to the lighting, please don’t. I’m a concert lighting designer and I thought the lighting was very well designed for the show. If you don’t want lighting to hit you, sit further back.

I also got very lucky with the various artists I saw (they change from week to week).

winstongator

A lot of this stuff was over my head. I'm not an artist. Still, as an average guy observing it, I think it works. Fancy chalk art. Complex paint by numbers wall. All the artist booths. I really don't know one artist from the other but I can still browse, find something I like, and purchase a print. (I didn't. Saving money).

It turns out I didn't need to do the dining package on Sunday. People bailed because of the cold weather. LOL. OTOH, they allowed me to pick the front or second row.
My favorite booth from 2018 was the Star Wars one. An artist was there who had worked on the Wizarding World and more recently Galaxy's Edge. It was fun to just chat with him for 10-15 minutes. I don't remember buying any art that year. This year I was looking for a cap, but the $30 was better spent on the food there. The cost for the festival merchandise gives me pause, but the $8-10 for small plates has me wanting more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom