News Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party coming to Magic Kingdom in the new year

wdwfan22

The video was painful to watch. You can tell most of the crowd were off duty Cast Members by the cheering. The live vocals were not impressive at all, and they should have used the released version of It's a Good Time. Costumes look cheap and not flattering at all. Overall it's what I expected from the street party. Another disappointment in Magic Kingdom entertainment.

TTA94

The video was painful to watch. You can tell most of the crowd were off duty Cast Members by the cheering. The live vocals were not impressive at all, and they should have used the released version of It's a Good Time. Costumes look cheap and not flattering at all. Overall it's what I expected from the street party. Another disappointment in Magic Kingdom entertainment.

I hope WDWs entertainment team, current ones anyway and especially the ones who created MiSi, have No say what so ever with MKs next nighttime parade or really anything to do with the 50th. SpectroMagics creative team should be in charge or, the very likely choice Steve Davison, Who I imagine will be largely involved in WDW entertainment in 2020 and 2021.

mickeyfan5534

It's a huge step up from Dance and Play It and even Celebrate It. The live singers add a lot. The character choice is strong, the character costumes on the floats look very nice (the ones on the street not so much but it isn't a Move It, Shake It... show without characters in Party City hats on the streets). The female dancers' costumes are a major upgrade. Can't say the same for the men. The retro soundtrack is very good and I hope I never have to see a 300 pound tourist wearing leggings shake her tail feather ever again.

TTA94

Just curious do they plan on running this at night? They had the hub light towers turned on. Maybe they did for the previous version as well I can’t remember?

Disone

Just curious do they plan on running this at night? They had the hub light towers turned on. Maybe they did for the previous version as well I can’t remember?
There's been an occasion where it has run in the early evening. It's really not one of those things that's better at night.

mm52200

There's been an occasion where it has run in the early evening. It's really not one of those things that's better at night.
The lighting for this version actually looks great at night. Definitely try to check out the last show currently, even the hub fountain lights are programmed to go with the show. But unfortunately they mainly run it during the day but they seem to be running the lighting all shows currently.

Disone

Here are some shots I took today. I like that the singers are live but.... Maybe the DJ was a better concept? What happens now is the Mickey float now becomes more of a stage show with two singers, Minnie and Mickey. It's not enough to stand on its own. Meanwhile the normal format where you interact and dance with the characters is still happening at the other four floats. Feels kind of like two events happening at the same time sync to thevsame music. I don't hate it, I like it in fact but still not sure if the dual formats is right for this kind of show. On the Pros side it's nice to have some rare and all 100% classic characters. The MM club throw backs on the backs of the male costumes is a nice touch.
20190120_110115_HDR.jpg
20190120_110206_HDR.jpg
20190120_110404_HDR.jpg
20190120_123332_HDR.jpg
20190120_110955.jpg
20190120_123307.jpg
20190120_110304_HDR.jpg
20190120_123322_HDR.jpg
20190120_111829_HDR.jpg
20190120_112553.jpg

mm52200

The 5:45 showing had alternative costumes that they use when it's cold, they still look almost the same.
Well that’s the intent with winter wear, it’s so it basically looks like the same costume but just an extension or additional layers for warmth.

tathompson87

Chip, Dale and Pluto all had Official Mickey 90th costume overlays. I wonder why they didn’t use them. Those top hats and leis are strange looking on the majority of the characters. They could at least given the extra 5 characters updated outfits.

tl77

Clarice has made appearances at Walt Disney World in the past but is a rare character. She was meetable at Hollywood Studios a few years ago but currently only meets during special events such as a DVC Party or a Private Event.

She made a surprise appearance at the Disney's Polynesian Resort on Easter Morning in 2009 along with the Easter Bunny.

Oh cool, thanks. We used to have collection of Disney shorts that featured Clarice, she was a favorite, and this collection was on the old RCA Select-a-vision Discs that they "advertised" in the "RCA Home of Future Living" which was the original exit of Space Mountain
RCA-SelectaVision-CED-VideoDisc-DISNEY-CARTOON-PARADE-VOL.jpg

TTA94

The lighting for this version actually looks great at night. Definitely try to check out the last show currently, even the hub fountain lights are programmed to go with the show. But unfortunately they mainly run it during the day but they seem to be running the lighting all shows currently.

As of right now the 5:45 performance is slightly at dusk to where you can notice the hub lights. Moving into the spring and summer I hope they adjust the last performance to later in the evening.

The hub lights definitely seem to play a bigger role in this version of MiSi than in the past. I bet they would look cool when it’s actually dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom