News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

DisneyNorthFan

Just saw Feathered Friends in Flight and we thought it was the best iteration yet! Excellent pacing, appropriate amounts of humor, and authentic script. The birds were the stars of the show and delivered and the trainers were engaging. I don't ever remember seeing so many birds in the show, and up close with many flyovers. We "argued" about whether some parts were off script or on script, as it was very believable. A+. This show was one of the more talked about experiences of our day.

JohnD

Just saw Feathered Friends in Flight and we thought it was the best iteration yet! Excellent pacing, appropriate amounts of humor, and authentic script. The birds were the stars of the show and delivered and the trainers were engaging. I don't ever remember seeing so many birds in the show, and up close with many flyovers. We "argued" about whether some parts were off script or on script, as it was very believable. A+. This show was one of the more talked about experiences of our day.
Shoelaces untied. Stolen microphone. Scripted.

Cesar R M

This!
Adding Dug and the kid didnt help anything. It was a distraction.
We left midway in the UP! format. We loved the normal version when we went back in october.

arich35

How soon did you need to line up for the show to get a seat?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Definitely the best version yet. We’ve seen it four times and it hasn’t gotten old (although that dang bird always steals the mic cord). In fact, they’ve even swapped out a few segments so there was even something new to us last week. No need to bring back equity performers or IP characters.

JustInTime

The new version of the show has the keepers reciting many of Guano Joe's lines. I'm in the camp of the Guano Joe version being the best version, but I get that some people didn't like that either.
I liked Joe’s version but honestly I feel like this version is more about the birds. It flowed so well and honestly several in my group teared up!

Comped

The new version of the show has the keepers reciting many of Guano Joe's lines. I'm in the camp of the Guano Joe version being the best version, but I get that some people didn't like that either.
When AK was in development, Joe Rohde rejected the idea of a panda show and decided this bird show was a better idea due to more "natural behaviors". With all the times they've revised the bird show (and I've seen every one except for this one), I would have loved to see what the panda show would have done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When AK was in development, Joe Rohde rejected the idea of a panda show and decided this bird show was a better idea due to more "natural behaviors". With all the times they've revised the bird show (and I've seen every one except for this one), I would have loved to see what the panda show would have done.
They would have been trained to perform their natural behaviors on cue: eat bamboo and fall over.

JoeCamel

I doubt that was ever a serious consideration. The cost and involved care panda's need along with needing the Chinese to provide the panda would have shanghaied any thought this would be feasible. Maybe they built a park with the Government to grease the deal? No, not even in the realm of possibility.
Plus they are boring to watch.

Cesar R M

They would have been trained to perform their natural behaviors on cue: eat bamboo and fall over.
And they would be stupidly adorable while doing so.
I still think a panda show would need a window barrier or something.
Pandas tend to be pretty dumb and roll around everywhere.

Comped

Still would have been cuter than the birds.
I doubt that was ever a serious consideration. The cost and involved care panda's need along with needing the Chinese to provide the panda would have shanghaied any thought this would be feasible. Maybe they built a park with the Government to grease the deal? No, not even in the realm of possibility.
Plus they are boring to watch.
It was a very serious consideration when AK was being developed. WDE had a plan figured out - the found a trained panda troupe from somewhere in Asia, and were ready to begin talks to bring the act on a permanent basis to AK. Joe turned it down, and we got the bird show instead. Or so I was told by a former high-ranking exec who was involved in the creation of AK quite a bit.
And they would be stupidly adorable while doing so.
I still think a panda show would need a window barrier or something.
Pandas tend to be pretty dumb and roll around everywhere.
That's the fun of it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom