News New Caribbean Beach Resort table service restaurant announced - Sebastian's Bistro

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I actually thought $29 is a good price for everything you get. If you order everything you get at an a la carte Disney restaurant youre looking at $40 at least. Service is always good there too.
The original menu was very appealing to us, in fact, we would have made a sperate trip to CBR just to eat there but the fixed menu killed that for us. Lack of options and quality of food is what turned us away.

mufasa0505

We ate there in November and loved it. Our server noticed that the regular skillet was a bit too adventurous for my daughter and brought her chicken tenders with fries. It was prixe fix back then, too.

castlecake2.0

That is a terrible way to look at things, comparing that price to an expensive price just means they're both expensive
I’m comparing Disney prices to Disney prices, seems like an accurate way to measure something? Even still, going to a chain restaurant off property to get a three course meal + non alcoholic beverage $29 still doesn’t seem that bad? To get a similar microwaved meal at Applebee’s down the road is $10 more.
33521B61-3755-4FCE-8096-2BE2FEE40629.jpeg

Last edited:

OG Runner

I’m comparing Disney prices to Disney prices, seems like an accurate way to measure something? Even still, going to a chain restaurant off property to get a three course meal + non alcoholic beverage $29 still doesn’t seem that bad? To get a similar microwaved meal at Applebee’s down the road is $10 more.View attachment 626012

I didn't know Applebee's was a Disney restaurant. :D

OG Runner

it is when we're at WDW. And, we don't spend anywhere near $30 pp when we go there either!

It's Magical!

I assume, and I hate to assume, but do you drive to Applebee's. If so, you are using gas, and are also paying a $15.00 a night
parking fee at CBR. Yeah you are saving a ton. 😂

cranbiz

I’m comparing Disney prices to Disney prices, seems like an accurate way to measure something? Even still, going to a chain restaurant off property to get a three course meal + non alcoholic beverage $29 still doesn’t seem that bad?
No, it's not. Those who think it is have not been to a restaurant recently I guess. I just went to a local restaurant Friday night and paid just about that PP. This was not a fancy restaurant either. OK, we were able to pick our proteins but they were not anything special.

LittleMerman

My bf and I ate there a few weeks ago for the first time and loved it! The restaurant was really pretty, the food was great, we loved that it was family style, and our server was awesome! We really, really enjoyed it and would definitely go back. We also loved the music - it was the voice of Sebastien singing popular songs lol. So cute.

The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie (obviously lol) so this was really, really fun! We walked around Caribbean Beach afterwards which I had never really explored before. We took the Skyliner to Riviera and then walked back. It was a great last dinner of our trip!

OG Runner

Park at the convention center and take the public bus. Saves a bunch of parking and no temptation to go into DS and give the mouse more money

Just stay home, wherever you are from, never go on vacation and put all of your money in a savings account and leave it
to your kids when you die. You don't need a vacation. What is going to Florida going to add to your life? Then you don't
need to whine about the cost of things or if a ride you want to ride is not open. Just stay home!

TikibirdLand

Just stay home, wherever you are from, never go on vacation and put all of your money in a savings account and leave it
to your kids when you die. You don't need a vacation. What is going to Florida going to add to your life? Then you don't
need to whine about the cost of things or if a ride you want to ride is not open. Just stay home!
What's the fun in that? I expect to leave my kids with all my bills when I kick the bucket. There's lots to see in the US. As Calvin says, "Let's go exploring!".

GimpYancIent

Of course, there is always (that dark place Disney fans are forbidden to talk about) UNIVERSAL plus a few other options within the Orlando area or for that matter many more options all over the county. The kicker is a person does not have to pay Disney prices to have a great vacation. Boom!

OG Runner

Of course, there is always (that dark place Disney fans are forbidden to talk about) UNIVERSAL plus a few other options within the Orlando area or for that matter many more options all over the county. The kicker is a person does not have to pay Disney prices to have a great vacation. Boom!

Right. Did you see the article today noting Universal is increasing the parking fees for the parks? Didn't think so. Because only
Disney is evil and Universal does everything right. (F&F) Stick your Boom!

TikibirdLand

Right. Did you see the article today noting Universal is increasing the parking fees for the parks? Didn't think so. Because only
Disney is evil and Universal does everything right. (F&F) Stick your Boom!
Would be interesting to look at the value proposition between the two parks. But, it will be VERY subjective.

After all, you can't put a price on Magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom