PHOTOS - First look and taste at Chicken Guy! Disney Springs

AshaNeOmah

I don't see why some of you frequent these boards. It's a unique addition to Disney Springs, not found anywhere else, portions look generous, and the price is some of the most reasonable on property.

I think some of you would complain after a free vacation, all expenses paid.

I, for one, want to try Chicken Guy!

Hello all! Our family ate at Chicken Guy! on Friday evening.

The chicken was very good, but it did not have the delicious flavor that Chick-fil-a strips have on their own, however the sauces made up for it. We all enjoyed trying the different types. I think there were 22 different types. We tried about 6.

The seasoned fries were tasty, and the baby loved the Mac and cheese.

The server known as the Sauce Slinger (I think his name was Luis) was really nice. He went from table to table offering the different types of sauces which were carried around his waist in a special belt.

Everyone was friendly and super helpful.

It was a great value too.

The only negative was the long wait, but that is to be expected because it is a brand new place.

We hope to go back soon.

BackOTheLine

He went from table to table offering the different types of sauces which were carried around his waist in a special belt.

Glad to hear you had a good experience, but I think things like this are why people can’t take Guy’s food seriously.

I just can’t not laugh at sauce being distributed from the pelvic area...

Of course it is chicken sandwiches so how seriously should we take it? ;)

JIMINYCR

Looking forward to trying it out. I expect many families on a budget with chicken loving kids will enjoy a meal there. Ive enjoyed Guys dining review shows but I know many people cant take his showmanship. All these guys with foodie shows have their unique style and delivery.

James J

In the Parks
No
Some people put words into other's mouths and think they know what they are thinking......and they would be wrong.

But I have eaten at Guy Fieri establishments before....not good.

I have also eaten at Chik-Fil-A and their food is delicious and reasonably priced.

But I know...you can't criticize ANYTHING even remotely Disney related on these message boards because the crazies come out in rabid defense of their beloved corporate conglomerate Disney.

I think it's more that you've already decided that it's not as good as Chick-Fil-A before even trying it...

wannabeBelle

Just a few thoughts:
1) Dont knock it till you try it. I will certainly give this option a fair shake before I say anything more, but so far it looks like a good addition.
2) It is pointless to compare it to Chick Fil A, BoJangles or any other chicken type fast food option, as none of the others will be in Disney Springs. For people who dont have a car and arent going to take a cab/ uber elsewhere this is the only option.
I look forward to trying it out and seeing what I think. So far as I said, it seems like a good idea!!
Marie

Phonedave

Glad to hear you had a good experience, but I think things like this are why people can’t take Guy’s food seriously.

I just can’t not laugh at sauce being distributed from the pelvic area...

Of course it is chicken sandwiches so how seriously should we take it? ;)

Same here.

Maybe it is just me, but having all of this gimmicky stuff (sauce slingers, cruncified burgers, food on fire, etc) just takes away from the food.

Now some gimmicks work, because the food is secondary to the gimmick - nobody goes to Medieval Times because they have a hankering for rotisserie chicken and a toaster pastry, they go for the show. In a place like Chicken Guy, nobody goes because they want to see a sauce slinger, they go for the food. Just knock off the gimmicks and concentrate on a clean, well lit, efficient restaurant with good food.

Raineman

I live in the Northeast and I can get TWO Chick-Fil-A combo means (DELUXE Chicken sandwiches, drink and fries) for $13.00-$14.00
That is WAY cheaper than ONE combo for $12.

I 100% stand behind my statement.
You can't bring cost into this-comparing the cost of a combo at Chick-Fil-A to the same type of combo at a restaurant on Disney property is like comparing apples to oranges. Almost every entertainment venue-arenas, stadiums, amusement parks, theme parks-will have a higher cost for a particular dish than a stand alone restaurant that is not part of the type of venues I just mentioned. The quality of the food would be a valid point, but the cost isn't, IMO.

wannabeBelle

You can't bring cost into this-comparing the cost of a combo at Chick-Fil-A to the same type of combo at a restaurant on Disney property is like comparing apples to oranges. Almost every entertainment venue-arenas, stadiums, amusement parks, theme parks-will have a higher cost for a particular dish than a stand alone restaurant that is not part of the type of venues I just mentioned. The quality of the food would be a valid point, but the cost isn't, IMO.
I mostly agree, although this seems to be a great deal for an onsite offering in comparison to the other places you can get chicken type of fast food onsite. I think that is a very valid comparison. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom