News Disney introduces new Florida Resident Theme Park Select Pass and add-ons for other passes

articos

Disneyland eliminated Blockout Day tickets back in 2014. They briefly brought Blockout Day tickets back for a few weeks in August 2017 for the final days of the Electrical Parade.
Yes, they can come and go as the crowd management and revenue needs are evaluated on an ongoing basis. I would not be surprised to see blockout tickets back for AP holders for DCA once Star Wars opens to rebalance crowds in Anaheim.

alex0c

I feel this is bound to replace the Silver pass, which is too bad. With Galaxy's Edge is opening in "fall" 2019 they could eliminate it as soon as September/October. I might buy a Silver AP voucher and wait to activate it until next year just in case.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
This new AP is currently priced the same as the Silver pass (also $439 for residents) which means the cost of the Silver pass is about to significantly increase.

This is just a sly way to give people much less for a lot more.

Boy I didn't want to be right about this one.

eHAwBtF.png

:greedy::cry:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I feel this is bound to replace the Silver pass, which is too bad. With Galaxy's Edge is opening in "fall" 2019 they could eliminate it as soon as September/October. I might buy a Silver AP voucher and wait to activate it until next year just in case.
That's not the point. If I go to Weekday Select, then I get NO weekends the entire year! That doesn't work for me.

But I won't pay $439 plus every year either! NOPE, not gonna happen. Every other year, it is.

But...not to be the heavy...but you’re proving their policy of pricing every through the roof correct.

Instead of voting with your wallet...you’re just reducing your consumption to what you can afford (mentally or financially)...so honestly they win. You’ll still be there.

alex0c

But...not to be the heavy...but you’re proving their policy of pricing every through the roof correct.

Instead of voting with your wallet...you’re just reducing your consumption to what you can afford (mentally or financially)...so honestly they win. You’ll still be there.

I’m not reducing consumption, just bought an extra AP voucher to bank for later at the lower price in anticipation of the increase. Once you buy the voucher it’s good until like 2030.

Last edited:

kong1802

It's pretty sad really. I'm not sure about the blockouts.
I"ll say, I don't think the parks are worth me paying an extra 10% to renew our Plat Plus AP's. The parks have added TSL since we purchased ours 10/4/17. And we've ridden FOP 5 times in 30 visits, 7DMT 3 times over the same period. So the "newer" rides we can't even get on. Not paying $400 more (total for fam of 5) for the same experience. We had our fun. I won't swear off buying AP's in the future, especially when everything comes on line (Tron, EPCOT, SW:GE), but who knows what that will cost. If they are raising 10% for TSL, what are they going to do with actual additions?

twilight mitsuk

I"ll say, I don't think the parks are worth me paying an extra 10% to renew our Plat Plus AP's. The parks have added TSL since we purchased ours 10/4/17. And we've ridden FOP 5 times in 30 visits, 7DMT 3 times over the same period. So the "newer" rides we can't even get on. Not paying $400 more (total for fam of 5) for the same experience. We had our fun. I won't swear off buying AP's in the future, especially when everything comes on line (Tron, EPCOT, SW:GE), but who knows what that will cost. If they are raising 10% for TSL, what are they going to do with actual additions?
Just send them to hogwarts, they will have a better experience

alex0c

The Disney Select tickets appear to be gone as well. There is a new 3-4 day option but the price is variable and they have to be used in consecutive days, not within 6 months of first use like the old tickets.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

The APs haven't been worth the price to me for a long time now, but we've kept going anyway. I did enjoy Pandora for a while, but after your 5th or so ride on FoP it gets boring and I never really enjoyed Pandora at night. I'm struggling to even get excited about Star Wars coming to HS. To me, it's turning into another abused asset. We've taken a few breaks over the years, and it seems like it's about time for another one.

Better stop before someone calls me a hater. :joyfull::hilarious:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The APs are still worth it to me since I generally go three weeks a year and I would be adding the hopper each time. The year we decide to only go twice or once (because we're choosing a different vacation site), then I'll skip the AP. It's just purely about cost effectiveness.

If you factor in parking along with tickets, the AP is still a value..but just barely.

kong1802

The APs haven't been worth the price to me for a long time now, but we've kept going anyway. I did enjoy Pandora for a while, but after your 5th or so ride on FoP it gets boring and I never really enjoyed Pandora at night. I'm struggling to even get excited about Star Wars coming to HS. To me, it's turning into another abused asset. We've taken a few breaks over the years, and it seems like it's about time for another one.

Better stop before someone calls me a hater. :joyfull::hilarious:

I hear you on FOP, the last time we rode it DW and I thought, "what happened"...

It's the problem with simulators in general (yes, applies to Uni too on some of their simulators). Don't have the problem with FJ due to the actual movement and physical sets.

We are taking a year break, and I also hear you on SWGE, hence the "wait and see" approach we are taking.

CJR

I'm curious how well this pass is selling.

I get blocking out busy days, but come on, DHS is blocked out from June 3rd and onward. We baulked at that. It's nearly half a year blocked out at this point. It's one thing to block out some days, but not half a year. I bet they'll eventually add some days in, but the point is, looking at it right now it's laughable when you consider that you can just pay $50 more for a Silver Pass (worse when you think that they were the same prices yesterday) and go. Not worth it so you can visit a worn down Epcot in the hot summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom