Toy Story Land opening day reports (June 30 2018)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Monday, 11 AM:

SDD - 95
TSM - 85
AS - 50
RnRR - 110
ToT - 40
STour -25
Meet Mickey - 40!

FoP - 150
TestT - 120
7D - 105
NRJ - 90
PPF - 80
SpaceMt - 70
HM - 70!
Safari - 60
Soarin' - 60
Land - 35
FEA - 30!!
SSE - 55

Generally very busy at all the parks.

hard to judge what will be normal at TSL with this being a holiday week and higher crowds everywhere. Next week might be a better "normal for awhile" indication... we'll see. Either way.. I'm a little surprised the TSL rides aren't higher this morning...

twebber55

hard to judge what will be normal at TSL with this being a holiday week and higher crowds everywhere. Next week might be a better "normal for awhile" indication... we'll see. Either way.. I'm a little surprised the TSL rides aren't higher this morning...
TSL wont have the longevity of Pandora
i expect to see wait times die down this fall to maybe an hour for SDD

Princess Leia

It could be that long just to be able to set foot inside SW:GE.

Methinks there are going to be a lot of angry people in the first few months SW:GE is open, due to the length of time people are going to be waiting in one line or another. The only thing that could be worse may be if it opened in May/June, and the throngs of people had to endure waiting in line just to enter SW:GE in the peak Orlando summer heat (and the afternoon thunderstorms).

Current wait times in MDE: 90 min for SDD, 50 min for A.S.S., 85 min for TSM.
Luckily, it's looking like Orlando's GE is going to be opening later in the year, so by January 2020, people can be huddled up in line in full Star Wars robes and probably will keep warm. If things are still hectic by summer 2020, at least people will have the option of going to Epcot and queuing for GotG in the shade.

Anaheim, however, will be another story.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Just went on this morning for my Labor Day trip, no Slinky, a few A.S.S and a few TSM. Bummer. I will wait until next year I suppose unless we can rope drop it at 8AM EMH.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Just checked for a third statistical day in a row. Posted wait was 85, actual was 45. From talking to people I think the lines are so short mostly because the queue is entirely outside and it is ridiculously hot.

If someone was in line for SDD for 45 minutes, they were undercover the entire time and not exposed to direct sunlight while waiting. Combine that with the very high number of fans throughout the queue both above and on the sides and the wait is not intolerable at all. There is actually great air circulation throughout all areas of the under cover queue.

And this is not just speculation and hyperbole, I personally stood in the line yesterday at 1PM in the afternoon. From the time I stepped under cover it was 50 minutes until I was boarding my car to ride

lblazek2

I was thinking how I wish I could be there this summer to see the new Toy Story Land. But I am happy to wait until April when some of the crazy has died down. Enjoy my fellow WDW fans.

disneygeek90

This is off-topic, but why does it seem that Soarin' always moves so slow?
I love that attraction, tho!

Have they removed the orange smell?

The wait and loading time for Soarin is dreadful. Even with a fastpass I can barely stand waiting in those enclosed wings.

The orange grove scene is gone, but there are many other new scents in the show still.

KimAnnFran

would you mind to elaborate on the smells? I feel very badly the orange thing is gone, it was really cool. I haven't been back to WDW and not sure when I will be able to if ever.

disneygeek90

would you mind to elaborate on the smells? I feel very badly the orange thing is gone, it was really cool. I haven't been back to WDW and not sure when I will be able to if ever.
I've been on it a few times. From what I can remember there is a "grass/dirt" smell for the elephants. Flowers in the Taj Mahal, a few "ocean" scents for the river and lake scenes.

JohnD

I've been on it a few times. From what I can remember there is a "grass/dirt" smell for the elephants. Flowers in the Taj Mahal, a few "ocean" scents for the river and lake scenes.

Yeah. The smells aren't as prominent as they were in the original. No orange groves in this version so no orange smell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom