News 2018 Fourth of July

CoreNovawarAMM

July 4 at MK looks something like this :)

View attachment 290329
This year it looks like this...
F01518DB-9E5C-4732-9FD5-07E96A5A9D37.jpeg

winstongator

We find one of the best locations to watch the 4th of July fireworks for the Magic Kingdom is from the beach area at the Polynesian Resort. They even play the music.

I’ve watched Wishes from there. The 4th from there or contemporary, or(and) Epcot area resorts is in my long term plans.

JohnD

I know this is a staple (my local fireworks played it last night for the finale), but why do we celebrate our independence with a song written to commemorate the Russian victory over the French?

After a quick review of Wikipedia, you could argue that since Tchaikovsky conducted it at the dedication of Carnegie Hall, it became an American staple.

Disone

They were issuing wristbands for those staying at the resort. Seems they're limiting fireworks viewing for the 3rd and 4th to those actually staying there.

There were wristbands but they were not for restricting the resort to Resort guests only. I won't go into details as to what they were for but I can assure you that if you were to park in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and take the monorail to one of those two Resorts, the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian, you would have no problem getting off the monorail and enjoying the resort and watching the fireworks from that location. They did have fences along the beach at the Polynesian but that was mainly for crowd control. There are openings in the fences and you are allowed to go on to the beach and watch the fireworks.

Ragerunner

There were wristbands but they were not for restricting the resort to Resort guests only. I won't go into details as to what they were for but I can assure you that if you were to park in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and take the monorail to one of those two Resorts, the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian, you would have no problem getting off the monorail and enjoying the resort and watching the fireworks from that location. They did have fences along the beach at the Polynesian but that was mainly for crowd control. There are openings in the fences and you are allowed to go on to the beach and watch the fireworks.

The only way to get on the beach is have a wristbands. The only people with wristbands are hotel guest and people with dinner reservations at one of the Polynesian restaurants.

Disone

The only way to get on the beach is have a wristbands. The only people with wristbands are hotel guest and people with dinner reservations at one of the Polynesian restaurants.
No sir. I did not have a wristband and I saw from the beach and a Polynesian cast member direct me how to get onto the beach. I'm speaking from first-hand knowledge here. Not hearsay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom