News 2018 Fourth of July

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh, Susanna. The original lyrics had "killing 500 [n words]". Nice.

Comin' Round the Mountain. A secularized spiritual made into a children's ditty.

More orchestrations of singing the songs as sing-songy as possible with no good art direction.

Star Spangled Banner is now a song with a nice beat that you can dance to. I give it an 8 out 10, Dick.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The music represents the worse of kiddification of Americana and cultural ignorance. I'd be happy to consult for a better musical score that's beautiful and majestic and toe-tapping and heartfelt without pandering.

At least the fireworks were top-notch.

JohnD

People will moan about anything, you guys are getting so deplorable with your drivel lately.

The show was good for what it was. Fireworks with patriotic music. But it needs updating. They can now work in projections. Would be great with the Stars and Stripes, a bald eagle, scenes from sea to shining sea projected against the castle. Maybe re-work the track selection. Always needs the 1812 Overture, of course.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
omg, the music so far is awful. Yankee Doodle Boy with wacky sound effects and orchestration. My Country way too fast.
Oh, Susanna. The original lyrics had "killing 500 [n words]". Nice.

Comin' Round the Mountain. A secularized spiritual made into a children's ditty.

More orchestrations of singing the songs as sing-songy as possible with no good art direction.

Star Spangled Banner is now a song with a nice beat that you can dance to. I give it an 8 out 10, Dick.
The music represents the worse of kiddification of Americana and cultural ignorance. I'd be happy to consult for a better musical score that's beautiful and majestic and toe-tapping and heartfelt without pandering.

At least the fireworks were top-notch.

:hilarious: :hilarious::hilarious:

JohnD

I'm just confused why now everyone is stupidly hating on this amazing show?! It's been being performed sinxe 2008-ish and now suddenly the basic tasters come out of the bushes

Can't answer that. But they did make some valid points if overly colorful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom