News Space Mountain exit being worked on

JohnD

Apologies for the (huge) bump! But rather than make a new thread, thought the existing SM exit thread would be a better fit.

A friend of mine was in MK today and sent this picture to me.
The Space Mountain exit ramp was flooded today, most likely from the rain that’s been pouring over the MK. They had guests walk through it apparently, soaking their shoes.
View attachment 495170

This is what it normally looks like:
View attachment 495171
View attachment 495172
Also not sure if anyone noted this, but I just noticed that ever since the renovated ramp exit was reopened late 2018, lots of cosmetic changes were added since. For comparison, first picture is from Dec 2018, bottom is from mid 2019.

Regardless, how the heck did that much water leak through the roof and into the building?!?

All of Tomorrowland, in fact.

ppete1975

Apologies for the (huge) bump! But rather than make a new thread, thought the existing SM exit thread would be a better fit.

The Space Mountain exit ramp was flooded today, most likely from the rain that’s been pouring over the MK. They had guests walk through it apparently, soaking their shoes.
View attachment 495170

View attachment 495171
View attachment 495172
Also not sure if anyone noted this, but I just noticed that ever since the renovated ramp exit was reopened late 2018, lots of cosmetic changes were added since. For comparison, first picture is from Dec 2018, bottom is from mid 2019.

Regardless, how the heck did that much water leak through the roof and into the building?!?
sorry i have bladder issues..... and its a scary ride

techgeek

All of Tomorrowland, in fact.

All of Tomorrowland flooding and having pooling water / drainage issues is a thing that’s been seemingly forever. I assume there’s no quick fix or it would have been solved years ago... I think of it sort of as MK’s own ‘yeti problem’.

ToTBellHop

I tell ya, I walked that new path for the first time last week and jesus christ did that insanely long walk keep us from getting back on Space Mountain again. That was insane. I miss those moving ramps.
How did you make it back to Tomorrowland to begin with?

We should all be thankful to Disney that even in this crazy pandemic world, they are still able to provide us with a dose of normalcy as we travel through a Tomorrowland under 5 inches of water and you are immediately transported back to 2013.

WDW862

How did you make it back to Tomorrowland to begin with?

We should all be thankful to Disney that even in this crazy pandemic world, they are still able to provide us with a dose of normalcy as we travel through a Tomorrowland under 5 inches of water and you are immediately transported back to 2013.
When did they fix the flooding issues in front of COP? 2016?

RSoxNo1

View attachment 495170

View attachment 495171
View attachment 495172

Wasn't there a scene in the Tomorrowland movie where she's walking through water? Don't you just need to touch the pin or something and that water goes away?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom