News Disney launching 'Play Disney Parks' app this summer

geekza

Yeah, I love it when companies give me the exclusive opportunity to give them more of my money for completing virtual tasks on my phone.

JJJ

Does anyone know about any AR experiences coming to the Play Disney Parks app, or am I missing an announcement? I was scrolling through the Android code and noticed in the strings.xml file (where text in the app is stored for easy translation), there are some mentions of ARCore, Google's sdk for Augmented Reality apps:

<string name="__arcore_install_app">
This application requires the latest version of ARCore.
</string>

<string name="__arcore_install_feature">
This feature requires the latest version of ARCore.
</string>

<string name="__arcore_installing">Installing ARCore…</string>

Maybe this is part of the interactivity coming to Star Wars land? I remember it was announced one feature would be translating text from Aurebesh to English, so maybe they'll put this text back into the real world? Either way, AR would be a really cool new way to interact with the parks!
(Sorry again if this is old news)

Edit: for what it's worth, I also see mentions of OpenCV.

tissandtully

Does anyone know about any AR experiences coming to the Play Disney Parks app, or am I missing an announcement? I was scrolling through the Android code and noticed in the strings.xml file (where text in the app is stored for easy translation), there are some mentions of ARCore, Google's sdk for Augmented Reality apps:

<string name="__arcore_install_app">
This application requires the latest version of ARCore.
</string>

<string name="__arcore_install_feature">
This feature requires the latest version of ARCore.
</string>

<string name="__arcore_installing">Installing ARCore…</string>

Maybe this is part of the interactivity coming to Star Wars land? I remember it was announced one feature would be translating text from Aurebesh to English, so maybe they'll put this text back into the real world? Either way, AR would be a really cool new way to interact with the parks!
(Sorry again if this is old news)

Edit: for what it's worth, I also see mentions of OpenCV.
Yeah all the workings for the SWGE stuff is already in the play Disney app. Have a friend who heads up that group.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom