Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

BoarderPhreak

"Internal sources are reporting that Disney has ordered a new fleet of monorails for Walt Disney World to replace the aging and problematic Mark VI monorails that have been in use at the resort since 1989...

...The new fleet will reportedly be build by Bombardier of Canada, the same company that built the Mark VI trains for Walt Disney World, and one of only a very few companies in the western hemisphere with the capability to build mass transit class monorails. The Mark VI fleet reportedly cost $3.5 million per train, which would be around $7.5 million in today’s dollars."

Hmmm. 🤔

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
whether or not its true... it NEEDS to happen. otherwise they might as well get rid of the monorails (which I do NOT support btw)- it's an embarrassment at the moment

I can't figure out how other cities and airports can have rail-type systems that are so much better than what is at WDW - people fly into MCO and can rid a better one there and then get to Disney and the doors fly open, they are down, or they are trashed

pdude81

The article say's they will order Innovia 300's. Those trains wouldn't fit on the WDW system so if that's part of the information then I would say it's outright false. Could just be the author making assumptions. In any case it shows the article was written with very little knowledge.

It just says that the monorails that Bombardier is marketing are from that line, not that it was chosen. Just speculation by the author so they could include pictures of something current.

s8film40

It just says that the monorails that Bombardier is marketing are from that line, not that it was chosen. Just speculation by the author so they could include pictures of something current.
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. I guess it just shows they don't have a very good understanding of the situation, so they heard a rumor and just pulled stuff together to give it a little more substance. I suppose it sounds better than "a friend of a friend of mine said Disney is ordering new monorails".

Goofyernmost

whether or not its true... it NEEDS to happen. otherwise they might as well get rid of the monorails (which I do NOT support btw)- it's an embarrassment at the moment

I can't figure out how other cities and airports can have rail-type systems that are so much better than what is at WDW - people fly into MCO and can rid a better one there and then get to Disney and the doors fly open, they are down, or they are trashed
Wow, congratulations, you managed to make it sound like a door flies open about every two seconds instead of once in 30 years and that they are all down (some are down for the maintenance that so many say doesn't happen) or trashed (I don't know of any that have been trashed) and that in order to use the mono rail one has to walk on the top of the rail itself from TTC to MK or Epcot and that it is constant. I don't mind the fact that after 30 years it is probably time to upgrade to new equipment, maybe replace it one train at a time, but, gloom and disaster spouting only hurts the chances of that happening.

Kman101

Wow, congratulations, you managed to make it sound like a door flies open about every two seconds instead of once in 30 years and that they are all down (some are down for the maintenance that so many say doesn't happen) or trashed (I don't know of any that have been trashed) and that in order to use the mono rail one has to walk on the top of the rail itself from TTC to MK or Epcot and that it is constant. I don't mind the fact that after 30 years it is probably time to upgrade to new equipment, maybe replace it one train at a time, but, gloom and disaster spouting only hurts the chances of that happening.

To be fair, with the age of social media, a door open is NOT good press for Disney, even if it just happened once in all these decades. But I often agree with you that things are overexaggerated at times. But I imagine after 30 years, it's time ...

The same reason so many gravitate toward fabricated stories...they are telling people what they want to hear.

I wish we had a 'Love' button because this post is beyond accurate (beyond Disney, too ...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom