News My Disney Experience update brings location aware promotion of Agent P's World Showcase Adventure

bhg469

Sounds like you haven't done any of the treasure hunts in Adventure Land yet. If you loved this, you'll love that, too.
I havent!! They look great but this worked so well with the phones and it was just super neat. I did however try sorcerers of the magic kingdom and was really disappointed. The lack of physical effects ruined the experience.

MrPromey

I havent!! They look great but this worked so well with the phones and it was just super neat. I did however try sorcerers of the magic kingdom and was really disappointed. The lack of physical effects ruined the experience.

Well, the hunts involve LOTS of physical effects, most of which are hidden in plain sight, just like the Agent P thing and you don't even need a phone. They give you a weathered-looking paper map to go by - that and your magic band or ticket are all you need.

I believe there are 7 different maps and they're all centered around Adventureland.

There are even some small rewards for completion.

The Kim Possible in world showcase was the first one, Agent P was the next evolution of that. I'd call the pirate one in Adventureland a huge step up from Agent P.

Your family has gotta try it on your next visit. The location to get the maps is just past the archway you'll see after you've passed Pirates and have walked by Tortuga Tavern on your way to Splash Mountain. There is a little building to your left just past that archway where you can get the maps and return to claim your prizes.

The Magic Kingdom needs something unique along these lines in every land and the two parks that don't seem to have something like this need it. It's not a complete solution but it's part of a solution to the problem Fastpass+ creates of people hanging around the park with nothing to do and those pushing wait times up on attractions that shouldn't have them... Plus with a decent portion of the things happening in gift shops here and there, it helps support their plans to motivate people to spend time/money there, too. It seems like a genuine win-win.

Last edited:

Figment1986

The Magic Kingdom needs something unique along these lines in every land and the two parks that don't seem to have something like this need it. It's not a complete solution but it's part of a solution to the problem Fastpass+ creates of people hanging around the park with nothing to do and those pushing wait times up on attractions that shouldn't have them... Plus with a decent portion of the things happening in gift shops here and there, it helps support their plans to motivate people to spend time/money there, too. It seems like a genuine win-win.

Update and upgrade sorceres of the magic kingdom and that might be what MK needs... it's not even in Tomorrowland and has villains kids don't really remember much.

MrPromey

Update and upgrade sorceres of the magic kingdom and that might be what MK needs... it's not even in Tomorrowland and has villains kids don't really remember much.

I think it could certainly be done. A lot of those screens are located in areas where a physical effect as the result of a "battle" could be incorporated and it seems like the treasure hunt and Agent P have obviously proven there is value in investing more in the concept.

bhg469

I think it could certainly be done. A lot of those screens are located in areas where a physical effect as the result of a "battle" could be incorporated and it seems like the treasure hunt and Agent P have obviously proven there is value in investing more in the concept.
I would say do away with it completely and do something with practical effects in each land.

bhg469

I am as critical of them as most people on here but I feel like these type of projects seem to move pretty quickly, to me at least. I just hope that any future plans dont get scrapped. This is the sort of thing where they have been really impressing me. Universal has the wand stuff, but this is just really a great way to make people explore the park. Like I said, I wish it was in every one.

bhg469

No!!!!

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and The pirate maps are both so much fun!!
The pirate adventure I havent tried but I have done sorcerers. If it screens, I am 100% out. It ruins a lot of the ambiance of the land. I really really did not like what they did. I have seen videos of the pirates game, and it looks solid, a lot of thought put into it. The sorcerers of MK is a really cheap xbox kinect game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom